It is Now Clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I used Pillsbury pancake mix today. It's the first time I used the mix in so many years that I can't remember the last time. It is now clear to me why I don't use pancake mix. The results were edible, but downright pasty feeling in the mouth. I followed the box directions and only added what was called for, no milk, no eggs, just water and mix. I'll wait until I'm home before making pancakes again.

The Aunt Jemima brand that my Dad used to use was far better. It required milk, eggs, and cooking oil.

And to think, people actually purchase and love pancakes made by the Pillsbury mix. Can you tell that I'm not impressed?

Seeeeeeay; Chief Longwind of the North

I've heard that Hungry Jack is good, as well as Target brand.

Since I'm getting out a mixing bowl anyway and have all of the ingredients, it only takes a minute or two more to make from scratch. I can see if people don't bake and don't have the ingredients on hand, how this would be just plain convenient.

I've just never had a mix that is good as scratch.

I must say I used to be one of those who always used a pancake mix UNTIL Chief posted his recipe. I tried it and found it to be the best tasting pancakes I'd ever made. I no longer use mixes.

Chief I was totally SHOCKED:shock: to read you used a mix! What tragedy has befallen you to force you to resort to a mix?

Krusteaz mix makes passable pancakes. That's the choice if you are looking for a mix. Makes good spur of the moment biscuits, too.

it's a really bad sign if you ask me.

think i remember reading in revelations that the 5th was the horseman of pancakes.

"behold, the 5th seal was broken, and from the fiery depths of hell rode the one who makes pancakes from a box..."

To be honest about all this.....I have used Alton Brown's mix for pancakes ever since I saw that episode of Good Eats.
But the other day, we made pancakes using Bisquik, and to my surprise, they were mighty good!
Maybe I was extra hungry...maybe - I dunno

Wow! I'm impressed. I knew you guys and gals were creative, but again, wow!

I think you could start a successful sitcom, maybe call it The Pancake Whisperer. Somebody like Mathew McCaughney could play me. We could get Tom Arnold to play B.T. For the ladies, we could get Michelle Pfeiffer, Katherine Heigl, Scarlet Johansen, Charlize Theron, Kate Beckensale, Halle Berry, and Jessica Alba.

It could be about the misadventures of all those women trying to make good pancakes from a boxed mix. B.T. & I would be available to show them the error of their ways. Sounds good to me.:ohmy:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom