Looking for an Awesome Cinnamon Roll Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VitaWright

Cook
I am looking for an awesome ooey gooey cinnamon roll recipe. I don't know if I posted in the right place but I thought it was a good start. I LOVE Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. Something big and gooey like those would be lovely. Thanks!!
Vita

Try this one: Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe | Recipezaar

I've only made it once, but that's mostly because I'm not looking to gain 500 lbs overnight. They taste amazing though! Good luck :D

Edit: I strongly recommend letting them rise a second time after you've put the rolls into the pan. They should puff up so their edges are touching and they've almost doubled in size. Then when you bake them, they'll be nice and fluffy. Mmmmm.

My "cinnabon" recipe is very similar to the recipezaar one. They are excellent. I make the dough in my breadmaker and after I assemble the rolls, I let them do a slow rise in the fridge overnight. Then I let them sit out while I preheat the oven and bake. My husband calls them my "killer" cinnamon rolls because they gave him really bad heartburn once and I had to take him to the ER (we thought he might be having a heart attack!)

now you've got me wanting to make these rolls - and I just got back from a spa, I'm trying to be good!

Here's my cousins recipe...to DIE for...

1 C milk (room temp)
1/4 C water (room temp)
1/4 C butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp salt
4 C AP flour
1/4 C instant vanilla pudding (I used French Vanilla)
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs yeast

Filling:
1/4 C butter, softened (I didn't measure, I just slapped it on)
1 C packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Frosting (I used canned, I had it on hand)
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a bread machine, place milk, water, butter, egg, salt, flour, pudding, sugar, and yeast. Select dough setting. When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 17 x 10 inch rectangle. Spread on butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting with the long side and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place slices, cut side down, into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Frost warm rolls and enjoy!

Here's my cousins recipe...to DIE for...

1 C milk (room temp)
1/4 C water (room temp)
1/4 C butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp salt
4 C AP flour
1/4 C instant vanilla pudding (I used French Vanilla)
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs yeast

Filling:
1/4 C butter, softened (I didn't measure, I just slapped it on)
1 C packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Frosting (I used canned, I had it on hand)
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a bread machine, place milk, water, butter, egg, salt, flour, pudding, sugar, and yeast. Select dough setting. When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 17 x 10 inch rectangle. Spread on butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting with the long side and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place slices, cut side down, into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Frost warm rolls and enjoy!

My arteries are filling!!:LOL:

About the recipe I linked you to - they ARE yummy and lethal! I haven't tried it but I'm sure you can also make mini-rolls so that each serving isn't so bad for you. I'm telling you, though, they taste just like the ones from Cinnabon. Give 'em a try. :D

Thanks a million and keep them coming. They all look awesome. I just get a hankering for a really good cinnamon roll sometimes and the nearest Cinnabon in at the airport 30 minutes away.

Vita

Cinnamon Rolls

Try this one: Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe | Recipezaar

I've only made it once, but that's mostly because I'm not looking to gain 500 lbs overnight. They taste amazing though! Good luck :D

Edit: I strongly recommend letting them rise a second time after you've put the rolls into the pan. They should puff up so their edges are touching and they've almost doubled in size. Then when you bake them, they'll be nice and fluffy. Mmmmm.

I checked out the recipe at www.recipezaar.com/76864]Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe.

Where are the Nuts and raisins??????

I use the Pillsbury Hot Roll mix, it's easy and GOOD!
Messed up the last batch.
I was going to bake an Apple Pie after the Cinnamon Rolls were done. I set the oven for the Apple Pie (400 degrees) for one hour.
Then I put in my Cinnamon Rolls and ended up with a bunch of crispy critters!

Charlie

Last edited:
No nuts and raisins in that one... I personally didn't mind because I don't like those in my cinnamon rolls, but I'm sure you could just add them in. I really encourage you to try that recipe though - it's SO good! Tastes really close to Cinnabon.

The most awesome cinnamon buns are in Carole Walter's book, "Great Coffeecakes, Sticky Buns, Muffins and More". Wow! Is this a spectacular book!

I bet you can check it out of your library. It has a really rich dough.

Back
Top Bottom