I have been making Malt O Meal magic muffins ( their title) since forever. Still trying to discover the magic part. These are tasty with butter and honey and quite crumbly.
Malt O Meal Magic Muffins
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour - sift before measuring
3/4 cup dry Malt-O-Meal cereal
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- First, combine dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. When combining ingredients, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients in the center and stir together until all ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into greased or paper-lined muffin pans, filling cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until center is firm to the touch/ toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes about 12 muffins
12 teaspoons whole berry sauce or about 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
TO Add Cranberries:
Fill Muffin cups 1/2 full.
Put whole cranberry sauce in a bowl.
With a teaspoon using a More Berries Less Jelly approach, spoon some cranberries on top of muffin batter. Then add another teaspoon or so of muffin batter on top, dividing the batter equally. Bake per above.
I haven't done this, but if using fresh cranberries, cut berries in halves or leave whole, baker's choice. Mix berries into the batter.
Muffin recipe source: Malt O Meal hot cereal, back of the box.