Maple Filling for Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin8

Cook
I'm a beginning cook so if this sounds completely stupid please tell me...

I would like to try making whole wheat muffins with a maple flavored filling.
What would be the base of the filling? I was thinking of using a glaze, which is confectioner's sugar and maple syrup but I'm not sure it will bake well. I've seen that cream cheese is a popular filling for muffins. Is there anything else I could use?

Holy cow I hope someone helps you because I started to drool as soon as I read this. Yikes.

Well, I am not an expert baker, but I would bake the muffins, then pipe in the filling from a pastry bag once they are cool.

I do like the idea of a cream cheese base. Are you going to use maple flavoring or maple syrup?

Here's a recipe for maple flavored frosting. Depending on how many muffins you are making, you might want to cut this recipe in half, since it's for a layer cake. And if you use maple flavoring instead of syrup, use a LOT less. Like, 1 teaspoon, maybe?

Lee

Maple Frosting:

Two (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup
shim.gif
pure maple syrup

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
In the words of BuckyTom and Homer, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Attachments

• drooling_homer_2.gif
    drooling_homer_2.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 227
Thanks, Everyone!

DH loves maple so I decided to try a tasty recipe. Not that I don't love maple syrup too:rolleyes:

I planned on using syrup since we always have some in a cupboard.
Where do I get a pastry bag? I might try both ways to see how they come out.
Could I substitute brown sugar for confectioner's sugar or is the confectioner's sugar for texture?

Texasgirl, DH often goes "Homer" when he sees something he likes...let's see if I can reproduce the effect :)

Yeh, old Homer doesn't inspire me, though he can be very funny. But as a role model, I patterned myself after a fusion of Bugs Bunny and Superman. I have the former's sense of humor, but am way better looking.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For your filling, replace the cream cheese that everyone is suggesting and use marscapone cheese instead. It has the texture of cream cheese and the flavor of sweet cream. It is wonderful with pure, grade-B maple syrup (grade b has more flavor than does grade-a, and a darker color as well). I've mixed the two and it is a tremenous flavor.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I made the muffins this weekend. The filling tasted great (I put in extra maple syrup to get full flavor and I used the mascarpone). Hubby tried them and said they were very good but didn't seem excited (as opposed to homemade bread when he'll go through half the loaf in one evening.
I had used the pastry bag and a skewer to get the filling in.
I thought they were good!

Back
Top Bottom