Muffin paper cups?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
My cornbread muffins tend to stick to my buttered muffin pan..

so I bought those little paper cup inserts like for cupcakes, but now the cornbread sticks to the paper cups..

is there a non stick paper cup, or maybe a better brand?

is my cornbread wrong? ( store bought "corn kit').

Thanks, Eric Austin tx.

I think that non stick cupcake papers used to be nonstick but now they are all not nonstick; perhaps b/c they can be used other than baking.

it's a real pain !!!

Muffins don't usually get papers. Papers are usually for cupcakes.

When greasing the muffin tin, make sure you do the top of the pan as well as the sides and bottom so if there is any overflow, you're covered.

Also, consider dusting with flour.

Does your recipe include a good amount of butter?

My cornbread muffins tend to stick to my buttered muffin pan..

so I bought those little paper cup inserts like for cupcakes, but now the cornbread sticks to the paper cups..

is there a non stick paper cup, or maybe a better brand?

is my cornbread wrong? ( store bought "corn kit').

Thanks, Eric Austin tx.

Lightly brush the muffin liners with melted butter, plus the top of the pan. They will release easily.

I spray the tin with some spray type oil and then dust it with farina; I specially buy and keep a box of it for baking. A lot of times cakes especially with honey in the dough are very sticky and farina does the trick.

I have an older teflon-lined muffin tin that belonged to my mom, and it works great. Muffins just slide right out. Cooking spray works great, too.

You could also use a silicone muffin tray...i've had very good luck with all the silicone products I've had as far as things being easily removed.

as most of u know i grocery shop on line. just spent ten minutes looking for cupcake liners. never did find it.

yes i have used them for corn muffins. came out just fine. i have also just sprayed the paper with bakers style spray. has flour in the spray. this works great as well. i don't have a clue as to why your muffins would stick.

did you maybe try to remove liner to soon?

A lot of times breads, muffins and cupcakes WILL stick to the liners the same day or right after they are made when they are hot. Give them time to cool and they should peel easily. I would just spray the tins with PAM if I was you though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom