Pillsbury Grands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Have any of you seen the Pillsbury commercial whereby you can make a mini pizza with the Grand biscuits?

Well I decided to try it. I went to the Pillsbury site one day and looked at the instructions. So when I went shopping, I bought one can of the Grands. So I made them a little while ago. Real easy. I used some jar pasta sauce. Had the pepperoni, and moz. cheese. I also had some Romano cheese for grating.

Not bad for a quick meal for one person. I will do this again. Pillsbury had some other suggestions and I may just try some of them. But since I do have a recipe for pizza sauce, I will make a big jar of it and keep it on hand. Each little pizza takes two large spoonfuls of sauce.

I do have a large pizza tray with holes in it. So it did get the bottom crust crispy. Which is the way I like it. Other wise it would have just been bread.

Out of five stars, I give it four. Only because the crust is not from a yeast product. :angel:

I haven't seen the commercial, but I've heard of the method.
It's been on my to-do list for a while. I think I first heard of it on a camping site.

Years ago we used the crescent rolls to make a quickie pizza.

Just unrolled them and put the toppings on.

They were a good late night movie snack but, they got kind of expensive.

Do you use the frozen ones or the refrigerated ones?

Next time I come across a coupon I will give it a try. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Addie, you can also make Danish with the grandkids for a wonderful Sunday breakfast with Grands.
Here is how the boys and I did it:

Flatten the grands (like you would for pizza).
Mix cream cheese with enough sugar to make it sweet.
Spread it on the flattened grands.
Put a spoonful of lemon curd (or jelly) in the middle and bake.

My six year old grandson was SO proud of himself after making these!

Addie, you can also make Danish with the grandkids for a wonderful Sunday breakfast with Grands.
Here is how the boys and I did it:

Flatten the grands (like you would for pizza).
Mix cream cheese with enough sugar to make it sweet.
Spread it on the flattened grands.
Put a spoonful of lemon curd (or jelly) in the middle and bake.

My six year old grandson was SO proud of himself after making these!
That might be a nice dessert pastry, but it is nothing like Danish pastry, :glare:

grumbles the Dane who hates the term "a Danish"

I use them to make quick, and remarkably tasty, doughnuts.

I take my apple corer tool and cut a hole in the middle of the biscuit, stretch it with my fingers and drop the "grands" doughnut into hot oil to fry, then after draining them I dust them with cinnamon sugar.

Pretty quick and realistic doughnuts.

I take my apple corer tool and cut a hole in the middle of the biscuit, stretch it with my fingers and drop the "grands" doughnut into hot oil to fry, then after draining them I dust them with cinnamon sugar.

My mum used to do that with regular Pillsbury biscuits. I don't remember what she used to make the holes, but she deep fried those too and we loved them. She usually just dusted them with confectioner's sugar.

I used the refrigerator. :angel:

taxlady said:
That might be a nice dessert pastry, but it is nothing like Danish pastry, :glare:

grumbles the Dane who hates the term "a Danish"

We had to give it a fancy name since it was my grandson and I making them! :D

Last edited:
Katie H said:

We have made these too! Yum!

We do the doughnut thing every couple of weekends using the el'cheapo store brand biscuits - delicious treat!

We've done yummy taco cups by pressing Grands into muffin cups and baking for a bit and then filling with taco meat and toppings. A friend of mine does the same and fills them with barbecue.

Going to try the pizza soon ...

I have used the crescent rolls to make pizza when in a hurry. Just unroll on the pizza pan. I partially bake it beforehand to keep the crust from getting soggy. However, I must say that I do prefer a homemade crust when time allows :yum:

I was just going to say, I like making mini pizzas with English muffins, since they get crispy.

A friend of ours made Sunday breakfast treats by cutting refrigerated biscuits into quarters, then shaking them in a baggie of cinnamon sugar and baking that.

Chopper, I LOVE the faux Danish idea. Putting cream cheese and biscuits on the list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom