Pumpkin Biscuits & Cinnamon Butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Pumpkin Biscuits & Cinnamon Butter

2-1/2 c. flour
3 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp each: nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger
1/2 c. butter (cold, and cut into thin slices)
1-15oz. can unsweetened solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 cube butter
cinnamon & granulated sugar to taste

Preheat oven to 400 f. (get the middle rack ready)
Butter a cookie sheet. Stir together dry ingreds. Cut in butter to resemble cornmeal. Stir in pumpkin to have a soft dough.

Flour your surface, pat dough till it's about 1/2" thick.
Cut into squares w/floured knife. Put onto cookie sheet.

Bake 15-20 min. Serve warm with cinnamon butter.

*Cinnamon butter is nothing more than regular butter, which I put into my little food processor, then add sugar and cinnamon to taste.

(makes about 16-20 squares)

LOVE IT!!!!!!!

I can't get canned pumpkin (that I know of) in Ireland, but I will gladly whip up some homemade pumpkin puree to try these...Thanks jkath, they are going on my upcoming, improvised (in memory of Canada) Thanksgiving menu :)

These sound great, jkath! I have a similar recipe for pumpkin biscuits with honey butter. I'll have to dig it out and share it with you. I'm just not sure where it is!!!

I know you'll like these - you can cut them with biscuit cutters, but I love the fact that I can just score them into squares - so much quicker!

jkath said:
I know you'll like these - you can cut them with biscuit cutters, but I love the fact that I can just score them into squares - so much quicker!
Cool idea, oddly enough I've always made round ones! And saved the square shape for scones.

My friend LeeAnn will love this recipe.
She loves pumpkin. Thank you!!!!!

Jkath, are these okay to make and then reheat to warm? With everything that will be cooking at Thanksgiving, I want to make these before going and warm them just before we sit down. Do you think they would be too dry?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom