Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Glaze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Think I'll try these tonight!

2 cups water
3/4 cup dried cranberries
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned solid pumpkin)
4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate, chopped

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Place the cranberries in a medium bowl and cover with the boiling water. Let sit until plumped, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain well.

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt into a medium mixing bowl. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until incorporated, being careful not to overmix. Fold in the drained cranberries. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the tin for 10 minutes.

In a small saucepan, scald the cream over medium heat. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium, heat-proof bowl and cover with the cream. Let sit for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Spread the warm chocolate glaze onto the muffins.

-Emeril Lagasse

pumpkin and cranberries, hmm. hey PA, let us know how these turn out, cause if it's one of those knock out combinations i might try it in pie!

sounds good. 2 yrs ago, a friend gave me her pumpkin bread recipe. the recipe had nuts and raisins in it.......i nixed them and added choc chips instead. it's one of those no fail recipes.

i'll have to try muffins with a glaze. good idea.

I didn't get to try these last night afterall, as I came down with a nasty cold. I will say, tho, Southerncook, that I've made things with cranberries and pumpkin before (scones, bread) and like the combination of flavors. I've never tried it in a pie, though. I'm not sure if it would be a match in textures that I'd like. I'm also not sure about the chocolate glaze on these muffins, it sounds like it might be too many competing flavors. I'll give them a try at some point, though, and let you know. Let me know if you try the combo in a pie!

Pumpkin and chocolate? For the life of me, I can't imagine the two matching. Do they, indeed, match?

Pumpkin and chocolate are great together. I'm eating a slice of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread as I type and it tastes pretty good to me. I use it as payment when my friend watches my son for me!

runninduo said:
Pumpkin and chocolate are great together. I'm eating a slice of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread as I type and it tastes pretty good to me. I use it as payment when my friend watches my son for me!

I learn something new every day. I guess one of these days, I'll have to buy or bake a pumpking pie and stick a bar of chocolate in it to see what it tastes like.

I made these muffins this morning. My daughter and her boyfriend were eating them before the glaze set and were really enjoying them. While they were baking the house smelled heavenly!! Thanks for posting this recipe. Love and energy, Vicki

Oooo, instead of using a semi-sweet chocolate glaze, why not try adding white chocolate chips to the mix? Add about equal amounts of chips as cranberries (3/4 cup) The sweetness of the white chocolate should really play well with the tartness of the dried cranberries. I make white chocolate cranberry pumpkin muffins every year and they're a total hit!

Sometimes the white chocolate melts away, but then it creates this sweet, crunchy glaze after it "evaporates" . . . and those spots are always my favorite =)

i really want to make these. my on-line market is not making it easy to do only pumpkin they seem to have is the pie mix. there is one store that i am sure will have it, just have to get a ride to get there. bummer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom