REC--Cinnamony Peach Biscuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I just got my latest Penzy's catalogue and this recipe is in it. Now I'm even more anxious for peaches to be in season!

Cinnamony Peach Biscuits

Great with many types of fruit. Served with butter or extra fruit on the side, they're great for breakfast or dessert.

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 stick butter
1 c diced peaches (about 2)
1/3--1/2 c sugar
4 Tbsp milk

Topping:
milk
1 Tbsp brown sugar, mixed with 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400F. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add the butter and rub it in by hand until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Mix in the sugar and peaches gently to avoid crushing the fruit. The first time you make the biscuits, use 1/3 c sugar. The next time you can make them more or less sweet depending on your personal taste and how sweet the peaches are. Add the milk gradually, stirring until you have a soft dough. Knead gently on a floured sufface about 2 minutes, then roll out until 3/4" thick. Use a biscuit cutter or jar lid to cut into approx 2 1/2" rounds. Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with milk, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Cool, split, and serve with butter, fruit, or whipped cream, if desired.

Makes 9

Back
Top Bottom