Refrigerate breads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Google is my friend! (grin)

"Sheldon: You shouldn’t keep your bread in the refrigerator. Staleness is caused by crystallization of the starch molecules, which occurs faster at cool temperatures."

And I wouldn't miss a single episode of the Big Bang Theory! One of the few shows that I'll watch old re-runs. :)
TBBT is one of the few things I regret now that my television has died

I had a little disagreement with my sister. I always heard that you don't refrigerate breads, because it actually makes it go stale quicker...hense...bread boxes. She's says the opposite.

Just wondering which is true?

We never finish a loaf of bread. DH wants it bought fresh every 3-4 days. He will not eat it refrigerated or frozen. I buy multi-grain bread that I freeze and I do finish that. I am the frugal one.

I buy bread in a small artisan bakery, they do not recommend refrigerating bread as it dries out faster in the fridge, they rather recommend to freeze if need for a long storage.

What about pumpkin bread? Does it make a difference in bread types?
I thought someone had given me a loaf of pumpkin bread, but they gave me two. No way I can eat two loaves back to back.

Every once in a while there is a 30 minute comedy that actually has some intelligence. TBBT is one of those.

The Big Bang Theory----

Yes------ and actually has been able to come back year after year, with awards!

Usually the good ones last about two seasons then bounced in favor of some show that doesn't tax the grey cells.

Of course, that's my opinion! :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom