Retro Lemon Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had both :LOL: My sister is 10 yrs older than me. She used to put me in my stroller and pretend I'm her daughter when her boyfriends were around. She made call her mommy :glare:
She started smoking young too and she'd eat sen sen sweets to get rid of the smell. When I asked for some she told me I can't eat them because fairies live in them and they'll die if I do.
Well seems we both had PROBLEM sibs. Mine would be a not to be rid of problem anytime my boyfriend ( Now my DH) came to visit. One time he thought he's be smart and told her she could sit in his car. Yep, alright boy were we smart. Know what we got? A dead battery in the car :ROFLMAO::LOL::wacko:
kades

Snip 13 said:
I made 2 batches with the sugar substitute last night. Couldn't sleep. It's a bit sweeter in taste but still very good. I made one in a loaf tin and the other I made muffins with. The smaller muffins just needed less baking but they're better for taking to my friends tonight.

Thanks. I usually use less of an artificial sweetener because it always seems sweeter than sugar.
So other than being a little sweet, they were good? Good to know. Thanks again.

Thanks. I usually use less of an artificial sweetener because it always seems sweeter than sugar.
So other than being a little sweet, they were good? Good to know. Thanks again.

It came out great. I made one bread and a few muffins. Doubled the recipe. Went to friends for dinner and they ate the lot! It was only me that thought it was too sweet, guess it's just personal taste.

I went to Loblaws to pick up some frozen fish. I was going to pick up lemons. The lemons cost more than the organic ones at the health food store!

We have essentially the same recipe, but instead of heating the glaze I have always just added the sugar and lemon juice together and drenched the bread (with holes in it). I also add 1/2 tea of pure lemon oil to the wet ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom