"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Quick Breads, Muffins & Biscuits
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #31
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
You're welcome. Takes a bit of experimentation to find the right level of sweetness for the subs. All the subs make my colitis go nuts, so I just stick to sugar!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #32
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You're welcome. Takes a bit of experimentation to find the right level of sweetness for the subs. All the subs make my colitis go nuts, so I just stick to sugar!
They are a bit sweet. I prefer using real sugar and just eating less of it too. I made it with the sugar substitute mainly as a treat for my diabetic friend. She loves sweet treats.
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:38 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Thank you PF the stevia is a bit sweet but luckily my friends all love very sweet treats. Think I'll take it all to their house tonight. They will like it. Maybe we can serve the muffins tonight and my friend can keep the bread for another time.
The sweeter the better for me
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
They are a bit sweet. I prefer using real sugar and just eating less of it too. I made it with the sugar substitute mainly as a treat for my diabetic friend. She loves sweet treats.
When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I tried all the subs and they left a metalic taste in my mouth. So I decided right then, "If I could have sugar in my coffee, then I would give up all other sweets." And I have. And I have to remember carbs turn to sugar in your body, so i limit them also. Sugar has the same effect on me as it does for PF. Raises heck with my system.

When my kids were born, there was no prepared formula for babies. You made it yourself. Whole milk, water and Karo syrup. The Karo was to keep the baby's bowels moving. Milk is very binding when too much is taken in. Mother's milk is very sweet. It has natural sugar in it. Well, sugar in an adult works the same way. No matter what form it is in. A great laxative.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #35
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I tried all the subs and they left a metalic taste in my mouth. So I decided right then, "If I could have sugar in my coffee, then I would give up all other sweets." And I have. And I have to remember carbs turn to sugar in your body, so i limit them also. Sugar has the same effect on me as it does for PF. Raises heck with my system.

When my kids were born, there was no prepared formula for babies. You made it yourself. Whole milk, water and Karo syrup. The Karo was to keep the baby's bowels moving. Milk is very binding when too much is taken in. Mother's milk is very sweet. It has natural sugar in it. Well, sugar in an adult works the same way. No matter what form it is in. A great laxative.
sweeteners make me run, even eating sugar free gum has me bathroom bound all night
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
That is no good Snip
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That is no good Snip
My brother used to spike my coffee with sweeteners for a laugh when we were kids. He also used to wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me where the horse's keys are and laugh himself silly when I start looking for them
He was a handful and still is! He's 38 going on 16
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
My brother used to spike my coffee with sweeteners for a laugh when we were kids. He also used to wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me where the horse's keys are and laugh himself silly when I start looking for them
He was a handful and still is! He's 38 going on 16
Geez am I glad I just had a bratty sister
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Awww that is awful, but I can see the funny side too

He sounds like a laugh
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #40
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Geez am I glad I just had a bratty sister
kades
I had both My sister is 10 yrs older than me. She used to put me in my stroller and pretend I'm her daughter when her boyfriends were around. She made call her mommy
She started smoking young too and she'd eat sen sen sweets to get rid of the smell. When I asked for some she told me I can't eat them because fairies live in them and they'll die if I do.
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bread, lemon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.