Retro Lemon Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so glad you made it and loved it. That's what DC is all about. Share and report back. Thanks friend.Remember it's not just sugar that gets us the flour has carb as well.:(
kades

I was faking dumb today :LOL: Just needed something naughty, had a really bad week! This hit the spot :angel:
On the bright side my sugar levels have been normal, even eating the lemon bread only made it go up a bit. Nowhere near dangerous levels.
My husband will be away for 3 days from tomorrow so it's veggies and lean protein only till he comes back. Lots of fish :yum:

I was faking dumb today :LOL: Just needed something naughty, had a really bad week! This hit the spot :angel:
On the bright side my sugar levels have been normal, even eating the lemon bread only made it go up a bit. Nowhere near dangerous levels.
My husband will be away for 3 days from tomorrow so it's veggies and lean protein only till he comes back. Lots of fish :yum:
Good girl, I'm so proud of you. You're handeling all of this well, I had a rotten week to sweetie it happens to all of us. You'll make it..Fish emmm sounds lovely.

kades

Good girl, I'm so proud of you. You're handeling all of this well, I had a rotten week to sweetie it happens to all of us. You'll make it..Fish emmm sounds lovely.

kades

If life give you lemons, make lemonade! Even if I don't get to eat all the naughty stuff I still get to make my family some yummy foods. Most of what I make and post is for them anyway. I don't always eat the same thing.

Don't you like fish? I love it :yum:

If life give you lemons, make lemonade! Even if I don't get to eat all the naughty stuff I still get to make my family some yummy foods. Most of what I make and post is for them anyway. I don't always eat the same thing.

Don't you like fish? I love it :yum:
I like fish. Don't care for salmon much, bass or catfish the rest I enjoy.
kades

I like fish. Don't care for salmon much, bass or catfish the rest I enjoy.
kades

I don't like catfish either, prefer cold smoked salmon over fresh but like it with my soy and honey marinade. Must still be rare in the middle. My favourite fish is butterfish and snoek.

Be sure to review it here so we know how it turns out with the substitute. Thanks!

I made 2 batches with the sugar substitute last night. Couldn't sleep. It's a bit sweeter in taste but still very good. I made one in a loaf tin and the other I made muffins with. The smaller muffins just needed less baking but they're better for taking to my friends tonight.

Cut back on the Stevia about 1/3. Shouldn't be too sweet then.

Thank you PF :) the stevia is a bit sweet but luckily my friends all love very sweet treats. Think I'll take it all to their house tonight. They will like it. Maybe we can serve the muffins tonight and my friend can keep the bread for another time.

You're welcome. Takes a bit of experimentation to find the right level of sweetness for the subs. All the subs make my colitis go nuts, so I just stick to sugar!

You're welcome. Takes a bit of experimentation to find the right level of sweetness for the subs. All the subs make my colitis go nuts, so I just stick to sugar!

They are a bit sweet. I prefer using real sugar and just eating less of it too. I made it with the sugar substitute mainly as a treat for my diabetic friend. She loves sweet treats.

Thank you PF :) the stevia is a bit sweet but luckily my friends all love very sweet treats. Think I'll take it all to their house tonight. They will like it. Maybe we can serve the muffins tonight and my friend can keep the bread for another time.

The sweeter the better for me :yum:

They are a bit sweet. I prefer using real sugar and just eating less of it too. I made it with the sugar substitute mainly as a treat for my diabetic friend. She loves sweet treats.

When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I tried all the subs and they left a metalic taste in my mouth. So I decided right then, "If I could have sugar in my coffee, then I would give up all other sweets." And I have. And I have to remember carbs turn to sugar in your body, so i limit them also. Sugar has the same effect on me as it does for PF. Raises heck with my system.

When my kids were born, there was no prepared formula for babies. You made it yourself. Whole milk, water and Karo syrup. The Karo was to keep the baby's bowels moving. Milk is very binding when too much is taken in. Mother's milk is very sweet. It has natural sugar in it. Well, sugar in an adult works the same way. No matter what form it is in. A great laxative. :angel:

When I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I tried all the subs and they left a metalic taste in my mouth. So I decided right then, "If I could have sugar in my coffee, then I would give up all other sweets." And I have. And I have to remember carbs turn to sugar in your body, so i limit them also. Sugar has the same effect on me as it does for PF. Raises heck with my system.

When my kids were born, there was no prepared formula for babies. You made it yourself. Whole milk, water and Karo syrup. The Karo was to keep the baby's bowels moving. Milk is very binding when too much is taken in. Mother's milk is very sweet. It has natural sugar in it. Well, sugar in an adult works the same way. No matter what form it is in. A great laxative. :angel:

:LOL: sweeteners make me run, even eating sugar free gum has me bathroom bound all night :rolleyes:

That is no good Snip :LOL:

My brother used to spike my coffee with sweeteners for a laugh when we were kids. He also used to wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me where the horse's keys are and laugh himself silly when I start looking for them :rolleyes:
He was a handful and still is! He's 38 going on 16 :LOL:

My brother used to spike my coffee with sweeteners for a laugh when we were kids. He also used to wake me up in the middle of the night and ask me where the horse's keys are and laugh himself silly when I start looking for them :rolleyes:
He was a handful and still is! He's 38 going on 16 :LOL:
Geez am I glad I just had a bratty sister:LOL:
kades

Geez am I glad I just had a bratty sister:LOL:
kades

I had both :LOL: My sister is 10 yrs older than me. She used to put me in my stroller and pretend I'm her daughter when her boyfriends were around. She made call her mommy :glare:
She started smoking young too and she'd eat sen sen sweets to get rid of the smell. When I asked for some she told me I can't eat them because fairies live in them and they'll die if I do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom