Share your Cornbread recipes here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
I love cornbread, it goes with practically anything...I most especially love making Mexican style cornbread with a little bite to it..
here's a recipe i found that's really easy and simple:chef:

Chipolte Cornbread
2 boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix
3 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 6 oz can chipotle peppers drained
1 tablespoon pimento peppers
1 can cream corn
1 chopped white onion
1/2 cup vegetable or peanut oil
1 cup grated cheese, any kind

Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Let mixture rest for about 10 minutes or while oven is preheating to 450°F.Bake in a large pan for about 30 to 40 minutes
Cooks.com - Recipe - Chipotle Mexican Cornbread

937461_f520.jpg

Cold cornbread? crumble into a bowl, sprinkle with sugar, add milk and eat like cereal.

1 C. cornmeal
1 C. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
2 to 4 T. melted lard, butter, bacon fat or oil
1 to 2 T. sugar or maple syrup
2 eggs
1 C. buttermilk or thin yogurt

Combine dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl combine liquid ingredients. Pour dry into wet and stir together only until combined, do not overstir. Pour into greased 8" square pan and bake at 400*F about 20 minutes.

well - sorry to say since its just the 2 of home now its a box of Jiffy box cornbread mix. Its also easy and handy to have around when the 3 grandsons are around when they suddenly want corn bread. The oldest 9ys old make them himself when he is here.

I have been making this for years and it's so moist and good that I never have left overs. I also triple the recipe when I have guests and it works great.

2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 can cream style corn

1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream or half and half

2 eggs
1/3 cup cooking oil
1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Method:

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a wodden spatula or spoon.

Butter a 9 x 9 baking pan. Pour and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Cool, cut and serve.

I like this one.

2 pkg. Jiffy corn muffin mix
3 eggs divided
2/3 cup milk
1 pkg. Jiffy yellow cake mix
1/2 cup cold water

In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix with 2 eggs and the milk. Set aside.

In a separate bowl combine the yellow cake mix with 1 egg and cold water. Beat at high speed for 3 mins. Cold mixes together until blended thoroughly.

Pour the combines mixture into a greased (I use PAM) 9 x 13 pan.

Bake at 375 deg. for 30 to 35 mins.

In my oven it was done at 28 mins.

This freezes beautifully and you can add whatever you like to it, such as chili peppers, cheese, etc.

I like this one.

2 pkg. Jiffy corn muffin mix
3 eggs divided
2/3 cup milk
1 pkg. Jiffy yellow cake mix
1/2 cup cold water

In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix with 2 eggs and the milk. Set aside.

In a separate bowl combine the yellow cake mix with 1 egg and cold water. Beat at high speed for 3 mins. Cold mixes together until blended thoroughly.

Pour the combines mixture into a greased (I use PAM) 9 x 13 pan.

Bake at 375 deg. for 30 to 35 mins.

In my oven it was done at 28 mins.

This freezes beautifully and you can add whatever you like to it, such as chili peppers, cheese, etc.

This is close to the way I make it. The only way I'll eat cornbread!

mine is very basic southern. 1 3/4 cup course ground cornmeal, white if possible, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 cups buttermilk, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp bacon fat (more or less), cast iron skillet 9 or 10 ", smoking hot...mix all ingredients together pour into hot pan, 450* oven 20-25 min

real deep cornmeal flavor...so good!
Leftovers make great base for cornmeal stuffing because it is savory, not sweet.

mine is very basic southern... real deep cornmeal flavor...so good! Leftovers make great base for cornmeal stuffing because it is savory, not sweet.

Oh, that sounds so good! It's the starting it off in the cast iron skillet and then finishing it in the oven that makes it so interesting... and of course bacon grease!!! I had to put your recipe into my book and will try it tomorrow with bacon and eggs breakfast. Thank you!

i have had this recipe for many years. it is a knock off of marie callenders , a restaurant and bakery here in so. calif.

2 cups buttermilk baking mix (bisquick)
4 to 6 tbs. yellow corn meal...................i always add about twice that.
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter

combine mix, cornmeal and sugar in mixer bowl. add eggs and milk. beat until well blended. mix in melted butter. place in greased 9 inch square pan. bake at 350 35 to 40 min. or until wood toothpick comes out clean.

makes 12 squares.

this is definitely a sweet cornbread similar to cake in texture.

purists will not like, but is a nice change.

i use the recipe on the corn meal box but i sometimes add fresh corn skinned of the cob or nibblets drained. we like sweet corn bread.

i use the recipe on the corn meal box but i sometimes add fresh corn skinned of the cob or nibblets drained. we like sweet corn bread.

then you will love my recipe.the one above

when i make corn muffins i use a betty crocker mix. i add corn, green chilies, and cheese. sometimes all of them, sometimes only one or two indg. :chef:

made from scratch

I havent tried Jiffy box cornbread mix..i usually make it from scratch:chef:

i always make mine from scratch using the recipe on the corn meal box. i just use a little extra sugar. i have never used any box mixes like jiff or bisquick for corn bread, pancakes or biscuits. i always have corn meal on hand.

Back
Top Bottom