Steak house brown bread, help me please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
i followed a recipe that was supposed to it. not even close, more like a banana bread without the bananas. tasty but not what i wanted. the one i am looking for, is a soft yeast loaf, not a batter bread.

any help will be great.

babe:chef:

This was posted in the same topic under breads in the steak house brown bread thread....

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, we love this bread at Outback Steakhouse.

Honey Wheat Bushman Bread

3 packets dry yeast
1-1/2 cups warm water, divided
1 T. sugar
1/2 cup dark molasses
1 T. salt
2 T. vegetable oil
2 cups rye flour
2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water, stir in sugar, let stand 6 minutes or until bubbly.
Combine dissolved yeast, l cup warm water, molasses, salt, oil and rye flour in large bowl;beat until smooth.
Work in all-purpose flour until dough is pliable and elastic, not sticky.
Knead for 4 minutes.
Place dough in large bowl, cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled.
Punch down dough.
Divide and shape into whatever sizes you'd like. You could make 2 large round loaves or 5 mini loaves.
Place on greased and cornmeal dusted cookie sheet or loaf pans.
Cover with damp cloth and rise to double in size.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until crust makes hollow sound when tapped on.

that sounds super good, love rye bread. and they do serve it as well. the one i am looking for is just a brown bread, using whole wheat flour. probably will make yours as well.

babe:chef:

I'll have to try it. I've been trying to duplicate Black Angus' little loaves; came pretty close but not exactly right. I'm still working on it. Let you know when (and if).

Back
Top Bottom