Sweet Potato Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
I just made these tonight, fresh out of the oven! Very tasty. I altered the original recipe that came from the organic produce company we order from.

SWEET POTATO MUFFINS

1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

2 cups wholemeal flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
3 cups sweet potato, peeled & grated

Preheat the oven to 350F/gas mark 4
Oil 12 large muffin cups

Whisk together the sugar, honey, vanilla, eggs and apple sauce. In a separate large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and sweet potato. Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, mix well then stir in the raisins.

Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.

I think raisins work well but use any dried fruit of your choice. Walnuts would be another addition if you are feeling nutty.

I got 10 large muffins from the recipe. I was considering adding ground flax seed for omega 3's and more fiber & . I calculated the nutrition per muffin to be:

232 calories, 1.51 grams fat, 5 grams protein, 4.3 grams fiber, 50 grams carbs.

Enjoy! :chef:

Warm, just out of the oven huh....One problem...I wasn't there to eat one..or two....:( Next time when you put them in the oven...call me. I'll run right over!!!;)

Sounds great. Copied...thanks! I LOVE sweet potatoes. I make sweet potato everything from just baked to quesadillas. Now I will try muffins.

Sounds wonderful, thanks for the recipe! The wife and I are loving all the recipes we are finding for using butternut squash, acorn squash, and pumpkins in stuffings, soups, breads and muffins and even a couple deserts.

Not good for our diets though, so moderation moderation moderation!

Edit: Forgot to list sweet potatoes along with the squashes.

Last edited:
Sweet potato muffin~~~I usually add mashed sweet potato in my steamed bread due to its beautiful color. I can imagine how lovely and yummy your muffins are. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom