Thank you Alix! (Banana Muffins)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KAYLINDA

Head Chef
I got around to making the banana muffins you gave me the recipe for. They were very good, and looked very nice too. Thank you so much! I'm reposting the recipe here in case anyone missed it.

Mom's Banana Muffins
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 well beaten eggs
1/4 cup soured milk/buttermilk
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (3)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour (sifted)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Cream shortening and sugar, add beaten eggs and beat well. Add milk and beat til well blended. Add banana and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients onto wet. Add 1 cup chopped nuts, raisins, chocolate chips if you wish. Stir only enough to incorporate dry into wet and then spoon into muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. (Not sure how many you will get, depends on how full you fill the muffin cups.)

I got around to making the banana muffins you gave me the recipe for. They were very good, and looked very nice too. Thank you so much! I'm reposting the recipe here in case anyone missed it.

Mom's Banana Muffins
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 well beaten eggs
1/4 cup soured milk/buttermilk
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (3)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour (sifted)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

Cream shortening and sugar, add beaten eggs and beat well. Add milk and beat til well blended. Add banana and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients onto wet. Add 1 cup chopped nuts, raisins, chocolate chips if you wish. Stir only enough to incorporate dry into wet and then spoon into muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. (Not sure how many you will get, depends on how full you fill the muffin cups.)

____________spelling______

add a cup of frozen or fresh blueberrys. yum i baked mine in the huge pans. looked like a deli muffin and tasted just great.

Back
Top Bottom