Wanna try some Eggnog Bread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glorie

Senior Cook
This is a great quick-bread recipe that most people have not tried:

1 stick of butter (softened to room temperature)
2 eggs (at room temperature)
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tsp of rum extract
1 cup eggnog
1/3 cup sour cream
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla & rum extracts and mix until blended. Blend in the eggnog and sour cream. Add all dry ingredients to the wet and mix until blended and somewhat sticky.
Pour in to greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake @ 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to cool.
We like to top it with either french vanilla ice cream or pumpkin cream....MMMMMMMMMM Good!

So... I have everything but the Rum extract... can I use real rum instead? I have a huge bottle.....

Thanks Glorie!

Definitely gonna have to try this one out, I love eggnog and already have two jugs of it in the fridge, LOL!

I'm going to go mix up a batch now! I made ginger cookies this afternoon...boy is the kitchen going to smell nice when Paulie gets home!!

Thanks again!!!

OK! It is GREAT!!

I had to make a few changes... didn't have rum extract so used real rum and doubled the amount.

didn't have quite enough eggnog so I added some heavy cream

didn't have allspice so used cinnamon instead

Didn't have a large enough bread pan so I made one small sample loaf for Paul to munch on and put the rest in a 8 inch loaf pan. He LOVES it!!

Thank you Glorie!!!!
I'm going to make another loaf to share with company this weekend!

lol... well... I'm not sure about that
I do like some of those not so popular animal parts!!

Back
Top Bottom