What is your favourite ingredient to put in muffins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for me it's chopped apricots and walnuts, too.......esp. the California ones........tangy..........finally made the KZ's understand the term tangy........you just bite down and make a grimace.....then they know you want tangy and not sweet.....looked the word up in the dictionary.......not there...........that's okay we undertand each other quite well by now........they think I'm funny and I think that they are understanding of my lack of Russian.... their faces actually light up when I come in so I guess I'm making some headway in Kazak-usa realations.........I've tried but the brain cells are just not there anymore...........when you've got two different words for the object of the predicate "on the table" and the subject "the table is brown"......I just gave up........just not enough brain cells to absorb it all at my age..........Russian is difficult........just ask Charlie D....who I think has done a wonderful job of learning English...........and I commend you, my friend..........

I made honey and almond muffins last weekend. :chef: They were delicious.

Quote : 2-25-08 By redkitty:
My Blueberry Oatmeal muffins are my favorite right now. I replace the oil with applesauce, making them super moist but much lower in fat/calories!

Redkitty: I love muffins and cookies, but need to avoid fats. Could you please give me your recipe? Or tell me how much applesauce for each cup of oil/butter? TIA for your advice.

do you use fresh cherries, Tattrat? The walnuts here are wonderful.......will have to sift thru them for hard pieces of the shell sticking to the walnut........small blip to get great tasting walnuts..forget pecans.......they are not happening here unless you drag them in with your luggage........which I don't.......

I love cherries. And they are in season here at the moment so cherry muffins it is.

That replacing oil with apple sauce is a good idea. Or any other fruit sauce for that matter. So when there is no butter in the house I might still be able to make muffins. :)

for me,its lemon poppyseed,candied fruit,banana and apple cinnamon.never tried carrot raisin but they sound delicious and i'm thinking about making them one of these days.another interesting idea is pumpkin spice someone here mentioned.

In my Muffins

Depending on what I have.

All dried fruit, cherries, cranberries, blueberries etc

And Ground Nuts

Bran Muffins

I started with the recipe on the All Bran box. I have doubled the original and modified the indigents.
i use 3 cups of milk instead of the 2 1/2.
Add Allspice, Cinnamon and Vanilla.
First I added bananas, nuts and raisins.
Now I use Carisins, nuts, and Pineapple and Orange zest.
This will make 2 dozen.
One Muffin is the wife's breakfast with her Yogurt.

Charlie

I love putting mulberries and strawberries!I sometimes put almonds and pine nuts plus chocolate, honey istead of white sugar,candied cherries,candied orange peel,rhum flavour,fennel seeds,something like a famous medieval recipe from Siena,Tuscany,called Cavallucci.

Back
Top Bottom