Ryan my rye sourdough starter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My brother's first wife started that with my family once upon a time, it was disgusting, the cake that you made with it was terrible, I don't know what she was thinking.

Years ago a friend gave me a starter that came with a recipe for a cinnamon type quick bread and that was really delicious, I'd love to make it again but don't have the patience for a starter for a quick bread, and I don't have the recipe.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Yes, how well I remember that cake! Bletch! And more of the fruit spooned over top.

Well, this morning, Ryan, my sourdough started, came to life and tried to run away from home. He has been sitting on my bench top, trying to harvest and passing wild yeast, but looking very downtrodden, and this morning, when I came into the kitchen, there he was trying to get out of the bottle. Thank goodness spring has finally arrived in Australia. :-D

Well, this morning, Ryan, my sourdough started, came to life and tried to run away from home. He has been sitting on my bench top, trying to harvest and passing wild yeast, but looking very downtrodden, and this morning, when I came into the kitchen, there he was trying to get out of the bottle. Thank goodness spring has finally arrived in Australia. :-D

You do have to beat the little devils back and keep an eye on them. You are getting Spring and we are getting Fall. Apple and pumpkin picking time. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom