Ahhh I just love it when the smell of pizza consumes your house.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a pepperoni and mushroom pizza the other night, I never thought of that combo before, usually it's pepperoni and bell peppers or onions with me. My taste buds liked the pepperoni mushroom combo. :yum:

Generally speaking for me pizza is what can I put on my pepperoni and mushroom pizza... :yum:

Aunt bea,

How did your pizzas turn out?

Thanks for asking and thanks for the instructions!

I made one on Saturday, it had a cracker like crust.

I made one on Sunday, reduced the baking time, that had a crisp cracker outer edge and a chewier middle. I really liked that one.

I want to do this again and not put the oil in the crust, only the oil that coats the pizza.

I also want to experiment with making the full recipe and freezing three quarters of it so I can make it once a week and reduce the expense of the yeast along with the time it takes to make the dough.

Practice, practice, practice! :pig::pig::pig:

Did u use a rolling pin to form the crust? If so i can see why that would make it hard and crackery. The rolling pin forces out all of the air bubbles. Search youtube for simple dough forming and they will turn out more light and airy. For the oil i recommend swapping it with water but still adding 1/2 tsp of evoo to a half batch of dough.

Did the bottom of your pizza cook fine on the griddle?

Did u use a rolling pin to form the crust? If so i can see why that would make it hard and crackery. The rolling pin forces out all of the air bubbles. Search youtube for simple dough forming and they will turn out more light and airy. For the oil i recommend swapping it with water but still adding 1/2 tsp of evoo to a half batch of dough.

Did the bottom of your pizza cook fine on the griddle?

I stretched it by hand, topped the dough and let it rest about 20 minutes before I put it in the oven.

My thought was that the cracker crust was due to the addition of the oil and the use of "mature" dough. The dough had a feel like it was pure gluten, maybe I should have worked in a little additional flour before I used it. The dough definitely did not have the bread texture of the quick pizza dough I normally make. With that I knead it and let it rise for about an hour, then make the pizza and let it rest about 20 minutes before baking. Both ways are delicious but different. The only thing I have not tried is throwing it in a box and driving it around the block a couple of times after it comes out of the oven! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

could anyone recomend a tnt pizza crust recipie? we usually just order out but friday I could try my hand at a homemade crust for a change.

Also, use an instant fast acting yeast. This may be why it didnt rise either. If u use an active dry yeast you must add sugar to the warm water to proof the yeast.

could anyone recomend a tnt pizza crust recipie? we usually just order out but friday I could try my hand at a homemade crust for a change.

I usually make one as follows.

1 cup water warmed to 110 degrees.
add 1 packet dry yeast and 1t sugar to water and let proof for 10 minutes.

Stir into 1 1/2 cups APF to which you have added 1 t salt. Dump on floured board and work for 5 or 6 minutes adding more flour as needed to make a soft dough. (I find using a bench scraper or wide putty knife is helpful in working the dough.)
Place dough in an oiled bowl and toss it around to coat it with the oil. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for about 45 minutes.
this is enough dough for a regular cookie sheet or two rounds.

For the sauce I use.

1 small can of tomato paste.
1/2 cup of water
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 t of dehydrated onion
1 T dry oregano
1 T dry basil
Mix and let rest while the dough is rising. This is enough sauce for two sheet pizzas. I usually make one and toss the remaining sauce in the freezer for next week.

I shape the pizza and top it then let it rest while the oven heats to 425-450 and bake it for 20 to 25 minutes. check after 20!

I usually scrounge around the frig. for toppings but, my personal favorite is cheese, sausage, mushrooms and black olives. I also like a tomato pie which is the sauce, a drizzle of olive oil and a dusting of Romano cheese.

Even if I am lavish with the toppings a sheet pizza costs about $4.00 bucks. I freeze the leftovers and reheat them right from the freezer to the oven.

Last edited:
Margarita Pizza, with hint of homemade tomato sauce, fresh north eastern Mozzarella cheese, fresh Basil, Calamata olives, and fresh tomato...maybe little fresh spinach..and of course; garlic to rub your dough with, roasted garlic that is!! and what else!! extra virgin olive oil. I am healthy food eater,,,so I would say... whole wheat dough.. rest is the chef secret!!
thanks for reading..

CharlieD said:
where, where, where are the instructions? Please, please, please, post them here. Did I say please?

Charlie,

The instructions are in my new york pizza recipe thread.

I usually make one as follows.

1 cup water warmed to 110 degrees.
add 1 packet dry yeast and 1t sugar to water and let proof for 10 minutes.

Stir into 1 1/2 cups APF to which you have added 1 t salt. Dump on floured board and work for 5 or 6 minutes adding more flour as needed to make a soft dough. (I find using a bench scraper or wide putty knife is helpful in working the dough.)
Place dough in an oiled bowl and toss it around to coat it with the oil. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for about 45 minutes.
this is enough dough for a regular cookie sheet or two rounds.

For the sauce I use.

1 small can of tomato paste.
1/2 cup of water
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 t of dehydrated onion
1 T dry oregano
1 T dry basil
Mix and let rest while the dough is rising. This is enough sauce for two sheet pizzas. I usually make one and toss the remaining sauce in the freezer for next week.

I shape the pizza and top it then let it rest while the oven heats to 425-450 and bake it for 20 to 25 minutes. check after 20!

I usually scrounge around the frig. for toppings but, my personal favorite is cheese, sausage, mushrooms and black olives. I also like a tomato pie which is the sauce, a drizzle of olive oil and a dusting of Romano cheese.

Even if I am lavish with the toppings a sheet pizza costs about $4.00 bucks. I freeze the leftovers and reheat them right from the freezer to the oven.
Thank you ! I will give it a try.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom