"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Pizza & Focaccia
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Head Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,027
Breakfast

Bacon onion potato eggs +

__________________

__________________
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
Executive Chef
 
Hoot's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The edge of the Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 3,308
That looks mighty good! A breakfast pizza!
__________________

__________________
I used to be a racist, but I don't have much interest in it since Dale Earnhardt got killed.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,403
I give you credit. I do not have he energy to make a pizza in the morning.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Head Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I give you credit. I do not have he energy to make a pizza in the morning.
Got up @ 12:30 am, couldn't get back to sleep, so I watched the dough rise!!!
__________________
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,419
Are you posting recipes, too, or just photos?
__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Head Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Are you posting recipes, too, or just photos?

Steve, there is really nothing to the recipe. You par-cook the bacon and potatoes. Roll out the dough,oil it and add what ever you like. In this pizza I used graded cheese,onion,bacon & potato.
I bake it @550 degrees until the eggs set.
For the dough, 1 cup warm water 2 1/4 tsp yeast, 1/2 tsp salt. I don't measure the flour, I just add it until it does not stick to the bowl in the mixer. Then knead for 1/2 hr on speed 2 in the KA. Let rise for an hour, punch down and let it rise until doubled, then roll and bake.
My regular pizza's are done a little bit different, much more rise time.
__________________
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
Sous Chef
 
Rocket_J_Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Posts: 788
Now that is great looking hearty breakfast. Thanks for posting. :-)
__________________
Rocket_J_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,080
The only time I ever had pizza for breakfast is when there is that one last piece from last night and you didn't want to toss it out. Cold dry pizza and a nice hot cup of coffee.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
Head Chef
 
salt and pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The only time I ever had pizza for breakfast is when there is that one last piece from last night and you didn't want to toss it out. Cold dry pizza and a nice hot cup of coffee.
Been there,done that.
__________________
salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Steve, there is really nothing to the recipe. You par-cook the bacon and potatoes. Roll out the dough,oil it and add what ever you like. In this pizza I used graded cheese,onion,bacon & potato.
I bake it @550 degrees until the eggs set.
For the dough, 1 cup warm water 2 1/4 tsp yeast, 1/2 tsp salt. I don't measure the flour, I just add it until it does not stick to the bowl in the mixer. Then knead for 1/2 hr on speed 2 in the KA. Let rise for an hour, punch down and let it rise until doubled, then roll and bake.
My regular pizza's are done a little bit different, much more rise time.
Awesome, thanks! Looks very good, by the way.
__________________

__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
breakfast, fast

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.