By far the best one I've ever made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recently used Trader Joe's quattro fromaggi shredded cheese (provolone, fontina, asiago, and parmesan) along with some whole milk mozzarella. That was a great combo!

Your pizza is very appealing to me, I love the crust that way!

Nestlund, would like to try making your pizza. please share the crust recipe.
Thank you
second that,
i think i've asked you like three times already, and you have posted the recipe, but some how i keep forgetting to copy it, or maybe i simply keep forgetting, i'm getting old.

I did a little search and found this one by Nestlund in a previous post - Am I correct Nestlund that this is the same as your pics above.

Great New York/Neopolitan crust
16oz. 110 degree water
1 tsp. dry active yeast
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour (king arthur is the best)
1/4 cup virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp salt

Let yeast and water proof together for 5 mins

Add oil then flour then salt. Kneed for 3-5 mins in kitchen aid mixer with the hook attachment. Dough will be on the wetter side. Pour into bowl and let rise for 3 hrs. After 3 hrs punch dough down and layout on a floured bench. Cut into 4 equal doughballs. Lighty coat with vegetable oil and put into separate zip lock bags to further ferment to aquire a better tasting crust. Put doughballs into fridge for 24-48hrs. When rdy to make a pie let dough sit at room temp for 1-2 hrs before shaping the dough.

nest, your bubbled-up pizza crust, the very sight of it makes me crazy with pizza lust desire forever....i have a tip from a good source that suggests substituting VODKA for the water requirement in your pizza dough somehow works wonders gluten-wise....for whatever it's worth--anyone who is continually working at perfecting their pizza crust, i figure, probably can't resist trying just one more tweak....:)

Vodka is great in pie crust where you don't want gluten to develop. In pizza crust, you want gluten to develop, and vodka will keep that from happening, and could possibly kill the yeast.

i wish i remembered where i read about subbing vodka for water, but i just don't. but since i referred to it as a "good source" it was most likely the tasting table because i love recipes from there, and tend to spend more time at that food site than any other. in light of bakechef's info though, i would certainly research the subject further before trying it myself....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom