Dough Weight For Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I'll be experimenting with my new toy today.

The recipe they provide for Wood Smoked Pizza calls for 6-8 inch Pita bread or Pizza crust.

The pan that the pizza will be placed on measures out to be 12"wide1"deep.

What would an approximation on the dough weight be?
Need to make up a batch of dough.

The pizza's will only take about 15-20 minutes to cook or until done.

dough weight

When we buy dough at Von's for making a 12 inch pizza, the dough weighs a pound. I used to make my own, but theirs is just as good and a lot easier.:)

I guess it all depends on how thick you like your crust.

I imagine a pound of dough makes a pretty thick 12" pizza. I use a pound of flour when I make a batch of pizza dough and I get two 16" pizzas out of it.

Dough weight for pizza

This is my friend Lorenzo's recipe for pizza dough. He is a professional chef, and the recipe makes quite a few pizzas, depending on how thick or thin you like them:

1 kilo of pizza flour - bread flour would probably be ok
500gr water
30/35 gr olive oil
25/30 gr salt
3.5 - 4 grams beer yeast exactly
Plum tomatoes as you like them
origano
Pizza mozzarella

Put your dough on a clean worktop.
Put your flour on the worktop in a 'volcano' shape, with a crater in it Add the dry ingredients, being careful to put the yeast on one side and the salt on the opposite side. add the liquids into the crater an start to bring the dough together being careful to see that the salt and the yeast are evenly distributed througout the mix. Don't take any more than 15 mins to do this, and not a second more. Keep everything at room temperature, and don't let the dough get warm under any circumstances. When the dough is formed, start kneading until you have a smooth dough. Now let the dough rise, altogether about 20 - 30 mins, no more.
When the dough has risen, make the dough balls, turning the dough as you work. The dough balls should weigh 225gr - 235gr per portion. Leave the dough balls to rise for 4 - 6 hours, neither more nor less, taking care to cover them with a damp cloth, and leave to rise again at room temperature.

Using the base ingredients, make up the plain pizza and then add the desired ingredients. The tomatoes should be drained and blitzed smooth
before use. The mortadella should be as dry as you can get it.
Set the oven at 300C and cook for about 2 mins when the oven is up to temperature.

If you want a thick pizza, here they usually use foccaccia dough.

Hoping this info is useful to you!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde:yum:
Make up the dough with the water, olive oil, flour

Back
Top Bottom