"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Pizza & Focaccia

Old 04-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Therapy takes it's toll, but is necessary. In my case I could not walk at all. Had to learn how all over. I hated to admit it but I knew I needed help. Strokes really do you in my speech was slurd and I was weak as a kitten. Now I'm ready to drive again, I go up and down stairs, even started putting in succulents around my fish pond, several cucumbers, worked in my herb garden. I feel so alive for a change. Ah life is wonderful.
kades
See, rehab nurses do have a place in this life. We are horrible mean, though!

Old 04-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
See, rehab nurses do have a place in this life. We are horrible mean, though!
No way PF You're the best. And Thanks to all of youkades

Old 04-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #13
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
No way PF You're the best. And Thanks to all of youkades
Thank you, Kades...it's the success stories that keep us going, you know?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
Executive Chef

PF blondie had to be very tough with me, as you can probably understand I don't make a very good patient.The wheel chair had become my armour.
Fi what do you know about bilateral sacroiliac injections?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #15
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
PF blondie had to be very tough with me, as you can probably understand I don't make a very good patient.The wheel chair had become my armour.
Fi what do you know about bilateral sacroiliac injections?
Around here they are done by the doctor or an anesthetist. I have never seen it done. I do know that you have to be very careful in not hitting the nerves and causing either increased pain or complete permanent numbing.

I mostly work with new hip/knee patients or stroke patients. And most of those I get, have dementia.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #16
Executive Chef

My wife had it done 3 weeks ago, the consultant did it using local anaesthetic and a xray to position the needle. My wife is a tough cookie but said the pain was excruciating. When he came into her room to check her I said that as it has to be done again could she have a general A. His response was he does not like doing it that way and the pain had been caused by the muscles being in spasm and that this would not happen next time as this lot of jabs will have removed the pain that causes the spasm?
He used 11fluoroscopy control, a 150mm Stimuplex needle and injected 5mls of 0.25% Bupivacine with 40mg of Triamcinolone into her spine 6 times.
My wife needs 2 more visits
Old 04-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
My wife had it done 3 weeks ago, the consultant did it using local anaesthetic and a xray to position the needle. My wife is a tough cookie but said the pain was excruciating. When he came into her room to check her I said that as it has to be done again could she have a general A. His response was he does not like doing it that way and the pain had been caused by the muscles being in spasm and that this would not happen next time as this lot of jabs will have removed the pain that causes the spasm?
He used 11fluoroscopy control, a 150mm Stimuplex needle and injected 5mls of 0.25% Bupivacine with 40mg of Triamcinolone into her spine 6 times.
See, you know more about it than I do! Sounds horrible, how is she feeling now? Have her spasms stopped? I really hate giving or getting shots of any kind.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Thanks Fi the only spasm she has at present is me.I just copied his report.
The consultant phoned us last night and reassured my wife that the next time the chance of muscle spasm in the next area is remote.
Ps you must really love the job you do and I take my hat off to you.
In the fine home my Mum is in three people have the early stages of dementia, my Mum has befriended one of them, yesterday when we visited they were both sitting in the sun( the weather is unusually hot) Gladys who is 75 yrs old thought I was her Dad, we just played along
The staff who look after these three people are very special.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:42 AM   #19
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Thanks Fi the only spasm she has at present is me.I just copied his report.
The consultant phoned us last night and reassured my wife that the next time the chance of muscle spasm in the next area is remote.
Ps you must really love the job you do and I take my hat off to you.
In the fine home my Mum is in three people have the early stages of dementia, my Mum has befriended one of them, yesterday when we visited they were both sitting in the sun( the weather is unusually hot) Gladys who is 75 yrs old thought I was her Dad, we just played along
The staff who look after these three people are very special.
My job is perfect. Everyday is an adventure and I get to play many parts. I have been Daughter, Grand Daughter, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Sister, Sister in Law, Aunt, Niece...any permutation you can think of, I was even an Ex-wife once. It's the perfect job for anyone with love in their hearts and a good imagination.

I am glad you have found a place where your Mother is content.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I have had similiar injections in my back due to muscle spasms. The first ones I had lasted 3 years. I had my second set about 2 years ago & still holding.

Tags
recipe