Focaccia recipe TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Simonbaker here is my foccacia recipe. Its easy and messy:LOL:
I've found the best way to handle the dough is to wet my hands with warm water and pet it inot the pan I use a 15x16 cookie sheet stret hing the dpigh to about 12 inches this makes a thinner foccacia, if you want it thicker like for a small sandwich put your dough into a smaller pan and let it rise and it will give a fatter piece for a sandwich. I like it thinner and more crispy and cut into small squares as in open faced sandwishes. When dough has risen the first time put on cookie sheet and dimple the dough with finger tips then lightly brush with evoo and sprinkle with kosher or finishing salt, do this again when foccacia comes out of the oven.

ingredients are 4 cups a/p flour 2 Tab. saltm 2 Tab. sugar, 2 pacls of yeast 2 cups lukewarm water 150 degrees 2 Tab EVOO Mix altogether til tacky then let rise for 2 hrs. coveredAfter 2 hrs. turn out onto lightly floured board and knead 10-12 times. Pur evoo onto cookie sheet and put dough on it.Try to spread dough to edges then top it with a piece of saran or plastic wrap you've sprayed with cooking spray let rise another hour then bake in a 375 oven foe 20-25 min til lightly golden. re-oil top and add more salt . Remember to put dimples in top of dough before putting in the oven.
kadesma:)

Simonbaker here is my foccacia recipe. Its easy and messy:LOL:
I've found the best way to handle the dough is to wet my hands with warm water and pet it inot the pan I use a 15x16 cookie sheet stret hing the dpigh to about 12 inches this makes a thinner foccacia, if you want it thicker like for a small sandwich put your dough into a smaller pan and let it rise and it will give a fatter piece for a sandwich. I like it thinner and more crispy and cut into small squares as in open faced sandwishes. When dough has risen the first time put on cookie sheet and dimple the dough with finger tips then lightly brush with evoo and sprinkle with kosher or finishing salt, do this again when foccacia comes out of the oven.

ingredients are 4 cups a/p flour 2 Tab. saltm 2 Tab. sugar, 2 pacls of yeast 2 cups lukewarm water 150 degrees 2 Tab EVOO Mix altogether til tacky then let rise for 2 hrs. coveredAfter 2 hrs. turn out onto lightly floured board and knead 10-12 times. Pur evoo onto cookie sheet and put dough on it.Try to spread dough to edges then top it with a piece of saran or plastic wrap you've sprayed with cooking spray let rise another hour then bake in a 375 oven foe 20-25 min til lightly golden. re-oil top and add more salt . Remember to put dimples in top of dough before putting in the oven.
Thank you for the recipie. What is EVOO? How many ounces are the yeast packets?

Evoo is extra virgin olive oil and the packets art 2-1/4 teaspoons each. kadesma:)
Thank you for the clarification. We buy yeast in bulk at our cafe. We make bread & rolls but make everything in larger quanities. I will try the focassia out & let you know. Thanks again!

Thank you for the clarification. We buy yeast in bulk at our cafe. We make bread & rolls but make everything in larger quanities. I will try the focassia out & let you know. Thanks again!
You're very welcome. Hope it works for you.

Good recipe Kad, if you are adventurous put your dough in a deep sided tray before the last rise when risen but still below the edge, dimple and pour on evoo to a depth of about 1/8 of an inch then bake as usual.

Good recipe Kad, if you are adventurous put your dough in a deep sided tray before the last rise when risen but still below the edge, dimple and pour on evoo to a depth of about 1/8 of an inch then bake as usual.
I do that too, just use the cookie sheet to bake in I like a thin foccacia the evoo and salt are all part of the taste for us. Makes my mouth water just thinking of it. It's nice to have someone that makes it like I do and gives the tip as you did for others to use when they bake this bread. I just made one for my physical theraipist and they loved it. Makes you feel like you've just done a great thing.

Thank you Kad, I hope the therapy goes well for you good, after I smashed my knee this wonderfully attractive and very young blond therapist got me out of a wheelchair and walking in 7 wks. Those 7 wks were the hardest in my life, my leg had healed but my confidence was nil, I was scared,the Doctors worked me out well. They knew I was an arrogant SOB and that I would not like to fail in the eyes of a beautiful woman.

Therapy takes it's toll, but is necessary. In my case I could not walk at all. Had to learn how all over. I hated to admit it but I knew I needed help. Strokes really do you in my speech was slurd and I was weak as a kitten. Now I'm ready to drive again, I go up and down stairs, even started putting in succulents around my fish pond, several cucumbers, worked in my herb garden. I feel so alive for a change. Ah life is wonderful.
kades:)

Well done in fact double well done! I think I understand from your posts and the bottom strap line what motivates you. It was the blackest period of my life and the prob was nothing compared to yours. I really don't do sycophancy so when I say double well done its not a flippant remark it is said out of admiration for another human being who has triumphed over adversity and still finds the time and energy to make bread for their torturer!
I am not religious but as a European I regard bread as the "staff of life" the connotation of your gift I hope was understood by the recipient.:)

Therapy takes it's toll, but is necessary. In my case I could not walk at all. Had to learn how all over. I hated to admit it but I knew I needed help. Strokes really do you in my speech was slurd and I was weak as a kitten. Now I'm ready to drive again, I go up and down stairs, even started putting in succulents around my fish pond, several cucumbers, worked in my herb garden. I feel so alive for a change. Ah life is wonderful.
kades:)

See, rehab nurses do have a place in this life.:angel: We are horrible mean, though!;)

PF blondie had to be very tough with me, as you can probably understand I don't make a very good patient.The wheel chair had become my armour.
Fi what do you know about bilateral sacroiliac injections?

PF blondie had to be very tough with me, as you can probably understand I don't make a very good patient.The wheel chair had become my armour.
Fi what do you know about bilateral sacroiliac injections?

Around here they are done by the doctor or an anesthetist. I have never seen it done. I do know that you have to be very careful in not hitting the nerves and causing either increased pain or complete permanent numbing.

I mostly work with new hip/knee patients or stroke patients. And most of those I get, have dementia.:)

My wife had it done 3 weeks ago, the consultant did it using local anaesthetic and a xray to position the needle. My wife is a tough cookie but said the pain was excruciating. When he came into her room to check her I said that as it has to be done again could she have a general A. His response was he does not like doing it that way and the pain had been caused by the muscles being in spasm and that this would not happen next time as this lot of jabs will have removed the pain that causes the spasm?
He used 11fluoroscopy control, a 150mm Stimuplex needle and injected 5mls of 0.25% Bupivacine with 40mg of Triamcinolone into her spine 6 times.
My wife needs 2 more visits:ohmy:

My wife had it done 3 weeks ago, the consultant did it using local anaesthetic and a xray to position the needle. My wife is a tough cookie but said the pain was excruciating. When he came into her room to check her I said that as it has to be done again could she have a general A. His response was he does not like doing it that way and the pain had been caused by the muscles being in spasm and that this would not happen next time as this lot of jabs will have removed the pain that causes the spasm?
He used 11fluoroscopy control, a 150mm Stimuplex needle and injected 5mls of 0.25% Bupivacine with 40mg of Triamcinolone into her spine 6 times.

See, you know more about it than I do! Sounds horrible, how is she feeling now? Have her spasms stopped? I really hate giving or getting shots of any kind.

Thanks Fi the only spasm she has at present is me.I just copied his report.
The consultant phoned us last night and reassured my wife that the next time the chance of muscle spasm in the next area is remote.
Ps you must really love the job you do and I take my hat off to you.
In the fine home my Mum is in three people have the early stages of dementia, my Mum has befriended one of them, yesterday when we visited they were both sitting in the sun( the weather is unusually hot) Gladys who is 75 yrs old thought I was her Dad, we just played along:)
The staff who look after these three people are very special.

Thanks Fi the only spasm she has at present is me.I just copied his report.
The consultant phoned us last night and reassured my wife that the next time the chance of muscle spasm in the next area is remote.
Ps you must really love the job you do and I take my hat off to you.
In the fine home my Mum is in three people have the early stages of dementia, my Mum has befriended one of them, yesterday when we visited they were both sitting in the sun( the weather is unusually hot) Gladys who is 75 yrs old thought I was her Dad, we just played along:)
The staff who look after these three people are very special.

My job is perfect. Everyday is an adventure and I get to play many parts. I have been Daughter, Grand Daughter, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Sister, Sister in Law, Aunt, Niece...any permutation you can think of, I was even an Ex-wife once. It's the perfect job for anyone with love in their hearts and a good imagination.

I am glad you have found a place where your Mother is content.

I have had similiar injections in my back due to muscle spasms. The first ones I had lasted 3 years. I had my second set about 2 years ago & still holding.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom