Frozen pizzas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't bought frozen pizzas long ago too, I do them myself buying the dough and ingredients.

I guess it's the best option and the more healthy one if you choose good ingredients.

Hope I get someday the stone pizza most of you talk and level up on the pizza making. :)

Im a pizza snob. Ill eat it when its hot and as it cools down to room temperature, but once it goes into the fridge or freezer, I won't touch it. Just doesn't taste or feel the same as it did day 1.

+1000

Sure will. Here's a link to the recipe.

https://www.macheesmo.com/white-pizza-sauce/

I'm a bit fat-phobic, so in place of heavy cream, I use fat-free half & half and the sauce still comes out wonderful.
That looks garlicky and good. I’m gonna try it for my next pizza. I think shrimp will be perfect (I know that seafood and cheese is not your favorite combination, but there are always exceptions!).

Thanks!

That looks garlicky and good. I’m gonna try it for my next pizza. I think shrimp will be perfect (I know that seafood and cheese is not your favorite combination, but there are always exceptions!).

Thanks!

You're welcome :)

And I agree, I think shrimp would work well with that sauce.

Thank you for sharing this recipe for white pizza sauce, Linda. It sounds like something I would really like! Copied and saved. :yum:

Thank you for sharing this recipe for white pizza sauce, Linda. It sounds like something I would really like! Copied and saved. :yum:

You're very welcome.

I was looking for something that was garlicky and slightly decadent, but not too rich and not Alfredo style. I don't like Alfredo all that much, so I was on the hunt for something completely different. I saw this one, gave it a shot and I've been in love ever since :)

Thanks!

Whatever you want on your pizza is then a favorite for the diner. When it comes to pizza, there are no rules.

I grew up in an Italian town. I have seen little old ladies from Italy put a bowl of grated cheese on the table for a seafood feast. I have attended many "Feasts of the Seven Fishes" on Christmas Eve. There has always been a huge bowl of grated Parm on each end of the table. And it is always grated in the home by Nonni. That is part of the tradition.

Here in Boston, Grandpa goes over to the North End and gets a huge hunk of Parm cheese from one of the wheels at Purity Cheese. Only the grandfather can go. According to the men of the house, they can knock on the wheel and hear if it is a good or bad wheel. That is not a job for women. What do women know. They know only how to cook great meals. I have sat in their kitchen silently and just kept my mouth shut. One does not mess with a family tradition. My daughter is one of those women who cook for this feast. Only she uses just three or four fishes. Seafood prices soar at Christmas time here. I swear her husband must come from Italy himself. His life would definitely go straight to Hell if they didn't have this feast every year. Fortunately, I love seafood. I could eat it for three meals a day.

Her husband has three sisters and every Christmas there is a family brawl as to who is going to make the feast. In the end it is always decided that my daughter puts on the best spread.

So go ahead. Put all the cheese you want on those shrimp. And enjoy! Mangiare!!

Mega dittos on that one. I never bother to even nuke it. Leftover pizza is a dish best served cold. :)

We had half pepperoni and half mushroom pizza last night. Mushroom for me. There was one piece of pepperoni left this morning. I picked off all the pepperoni and tossed the rest of the pizza slice in the garbage. I did take a bite, sure didn't taste as good as it did last night.

Whatever you want on your pizza is then a favorite for the diner. When it comes to pizza, there are no rules.

I grew up in an Italian town. I have seen little old ladies from Italy put a bowl of grated cheese on the table for a seafood feast. I have attended many "Feasts of the Seven Fishes" on Christmas Eve. There has always been a huge bowl of grated Parm on each end of the table. And it is always grated in the home by Nonni. That is part of the tradition.

Here in Boston, Grandpa goes over to the North End and gets a huge hunk of Parm cheese from one of the wheels at Purity Cheese. Only the grandfather can go. According to the men of the house, they can knock on the wheel and hear if it is a good or bad wheel. That is not a job for women. What do women know. They know only how to cook great meals. I have sat in their kitchen silently and just kept my mouth shut. One does not mess with a family tradition. My daughter is one of those women who cook for this feast. Only she uses just three or four fishes. Seafood prices soar at Christmas time here. I swear her husband must come from Italy himself. His life would definitely go straight to Hell if they didn't have this feast every year. Fortunately, I love seafood. I could eat it for three meals a day.

Her husband has three sisters and every Christmas there is a family brawl as to who is going to make the feast. In the end it is always decided that my daughter puts on the best spread.

So go ahead. Put all the cheese you want on those shrimp. And enjoy! Mangiare!!

Oh my gosh, that's some wonderful eating. My boss is Italian and makes that meal and I've been the lucky recipient of some of the leftovers a couple of times and it was amazing. I was in heaven.

Back
Top Bottom