"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Pizza & Focaccia
Old 05-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #71
Master Chef
In spite of being right-handed, I'm right-brained when it comes to the kitchen.

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #72
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have a small container with garlic infused olive oil in the fridge. I had sliced a bunch of raw garlic and placed it in olive oil for a dish I was making that required both ingredients. I had more oil than the recipe call for, but I didn't want to toss it. I placed a small amount of citric in it and there it sits waiting for those garlic knots. Thanks for the idea.

I would toss that oil and start fresh on knot night, just sayin'!

Hot Topic-January : Extension : Clemson University : South Carolina

Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #73
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post

I would toss that oil and start fresh on knot night, just sayin'!

Hot Topic-January : Extension : Clemson University : South Carolina
I asked Pirate if we still had it. No, he had been using it right along for the sauté pan. All gone. So I made some more marinated garlic olive oil. It should be ready in about 3-5 days.
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #74
Master Chef
Italian Garlic Knots recipe from Pillsbury.com

UMMMMMMMMMMM didn't someone say that garlic brushed on before baking would burn and taste bitter? Has anyone tried these? When I make garlic bread the garlic cooks a bit but never tastes bitter. BUT I only brown the bread under the broiler (not bake from raw). I am planning pizza tonight. Making the dough in the bread maker (cause fingers are in pain today). I was going to use some of the dough to do the knots. But I don't want them to be bitter. I guess I can cook the garlic a bit in the butter before brushing the cooked knots (raw garlic doesn't always agree with me). But I love it on pizza. When using raw garlic I leave in big pieces (IE tomato salad) so I can pull them out after they flavor whatever. (Getting older stinks!! LOL)

Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote