Garlic Knots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a funny after taste to their products? I especially notice it with the crescent rolls, biscuits and cinnamon rolls.:ermm:

I know exactly the taste that you are taking about. I can't really describe it, I don't taste it in any other products but refrigerated biscuit/dough products. I don't really care for it, but the cinnamon in the cinnamon rolls helps cover it a bit. I can eat crescent rolls with butter and be happy.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a funny after taste to their products? I especially notice it with the crescent rolls, biscuits and cinnamon rolls.:ermm:

I have not had them in years.

During my heyday I could make a tube of crescent rolls disappear in a matter of minutes without noticing any strange aftertaste! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I was only trying to point out that you don't need to be a baker to enjoy home baked goods. If you don't care for rolls in a tube try a ball of fresh pizza dough from the refrigerated food case.

Last edited:
I made these yesterday with tube rolls. Italian cheese bombs. They were stuffed with salami & mozz cheese, then dipped in evoo and Italian seasoning w/ parm cheese. Not as good as garlic knots!

img_1421553_0_1846f5e0bedb8f89a4e1ee2677bfad34.jpg

I made these yesterday with tube rolls. Italian cheese bombs. They were stuffed with salami & mozz cheese, then dipped in evoo and Italian seasoning w/ parm cheese. Not as good as garlic knots!

They look really good.

We do something similar except it's Andouille and white cheddar wrapped in a yeast dough and deep fried, then served with homemade BBQ sauce. Cajun bombs would be a good name for them. Both are Emeril's recipes from his X-mas/New Year's cookbook.

I would just like to say that most of the time these are made with left over pizza dough. Although you can make a batch of pizza dough just to have knots. If you wanted to infuse the dough with more garlic flavor I don't think I would use garlic powder. I would use garlic infused olive oil when mixing the dough.

I have not tried using bread dough for garlic knots but I can't see why that wouldn't work too.

I have a small container with garlic infused olive oil in the fridge. I had sliced a bunch of raw garlic and placed it in olive oil for a dish I was making that required both ingredients. I had more oil than the recipe call for, but I didn't want to toss it. I placed a small amount of citric in it and there it sits waiting for those garlic knots. Thanks for the idea. :angel:

Now this I can do! Thanks AB!

You remind me of my girlfriend in California. She will tell you she doesn't do flour or dirt. Meaning she doesn't bake or do gardening.

So three years in a row she flew me out there to bake the Hershey's Chocolate Cake for her husbands birthday and the little soirée that she had that night. Everyone raves about that cake. I NEVER try to pass that off that it is my recipe. I am always willing to share a recipe with anyone who asks. I am only too happy to spread the news about how great that cake is. :angel:

You remind me of my girlfriend in California. She will tell you she doesn't do flour or dirt. Meaning she doesn't bake or do gardening.

So three years in a row she flew me out there to bake the Hershey's Chocolate Cake for her husbands birthday and the little soirée that she had that night. Everyone raves about that cake. I NEVER try to pass that off that it is my recipe. I am always willing to share a recipe with anyone who asks. I am only too happy to spread the news about how great that cake is. :angel:

Heh. It's not that I CAN'T bake, Addie, it's more that I don't like to bake. Way too fiddly, as Taxy would say.

Now playing in the dirt, that I enjoy.

Heh. It's not that I CAN'T bake, Addie, it's more that I don't like to bake. Way too fiddly, as Taxy would say.

Now playing in the dirt, that I enjoy.

I understand. Baking requires paying attention to detail. And a lot of folks would rather fly by the seat of their pants. Some of the best dishes were made that way.

And playing in the dirt? I am with you there. I would love to be able to do gardening again. :angel:

I have a small container with garlic infused olive oil in the fridge. I had sliced a bunch of raw garlic and placed it in olive oil for a dish I was making that required both ingredients. I had more oil than the recipe call for, but I didn't want to toss it. I placed a small amount of citric in it and there it sits waiting for those garlic knots. Thanks for the idea. :angel:

Addie,

I would toss that oil and start fresh on knot night, just sayin'!

B :flowers:

Hot Topic-January : Extension : Clemson University : South Carolina

Italian Garlic Knots recipe from Pillsbury.com

UMMMMMMMMMMM didn't someone say that garlic brushed on before baking would burn and taste bitter? Has anyone tried these? When I make garlic bread the garlic cooks a bit but never tastes bitter. BUT I only brown the bread under the broiler (not bake from raw). I am planning pizza tonight. Making the dough in the bread maker (cause fingers are in pain today). I was going to use some of the dough to do the knots. But I don't want them to be bitter. I guess I can cook the garlic a bit in the butter before brushing the cooked knots (raw garlic doesn't always agree with me). But I love it on pizza. When using raw garlic I leave in big pieces (IE tomato salad) so I can pull them out after they flavor whatever. (Getting older stinks!! LOL) :angel:

Back
Top Bottom