Help - problem with KA spiral dough hook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shater991

Assistant Cook
Hi All

iam using the KA 600 pro , my problem is that when the dough start firming it will loose again i dunno why , although iam using exact recipe .. i tried add more flour it will work fine then loose again .so a part of the dough will be in the hook and smaller part will attach to the bowl and stick and start loosning . i dunno why .
its happning with the pizza dough and bread .

what i noticed is that when i go to speed 4 this wont happen but in speed 2 the doug will firm then loose , and it is written in the manual that i should use the spiral hook with speed 2 ONLY .

i just bought it 1 month ago and maybe there is something iam not doing right . is it somehting wrong with the spiral hook or the bowl or what ?

please advice me

Sorry you are having problems, shater991. I have a KA mixer but don't have the spiral dough hook. Is there an 800 number you can call for questions/problems? I think I'd start there and see what the company experts have to say.

Go here: KitchenAid®

There's a video section with a video on making bread with the KA mixer.

Also, join the forum and post your question there -- there's one forum devoted to the KA Pro 600: Big and Beautiful .. The 6 Quart Mixers! It's not very active and sometimes it takes a day for your message to be posted, but you will get an answer, I'm sure.

Are you using the mixer on speed one or two? They caution not to use the dough hook on any higher than speed two. I have accidentally done it (have the same model) and it doesn't work well and it could burn out your motor as well.

The best solution to your problem is to knead by hand. Not only will the dough behave, it will come out better and your wrists and forearms will get some good exercise.

Signed:

A Former Dough Hook User

The best solution to your problem is to knead by hand. Not only will the dough behave, it will come out better and your wrists and forearms will get some good exercise.

Signed:

A Former Dough Hook User

I totally agree with you Dave! Unfortunately my arthritic hands don't! When I can knead by hand I do, but if not, I do find my KA works well - specially when I am large batching pizza dough for a youth group function!

I agree Laurie. I've got arthritis too. I only knead by hand when it's just a loaf or two. No big batches. Sometimes it even helps my hands; if not I've got the Ben Gay and artho gloves nearby. So far I've remembered NOT to knead after I've applied the BenGay!! LOL

Hi All ,

Thank you All for ur advices , i'll post my question in the KA forum . and i hope they can help me .

i do use the spiral hock in speed 2 but i dont know why the dough wont form as a ball , after a while it will , then it will start stick to the buttom of the bowl and start loosing .

thank u all again :)

Back
Top Bottom