Help with pumpkin squash pizza please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themonkeytree

Senior Cook
Hey, I am thinking about making a pumpkin squash pizza for thanksgiving, as little snacks when people first come over. I have an assortment of different squashes that I thought I would roast in the oven with some brown butter, some sugar, and maybe a little bit of cinnamon. I would also put some onions in with the squash. For the sauce I would take pumpkin puree, add some cream and heat them together. I would add some nutmeg, and maybe some allspice to that. I would put the pumpkin puree cream mixture on the pizza like you would with any pizza sauce, then add the medium to large dice pieces of squash and onions that were already roasted in the oven. Then I would finish it with a little grated cheese. I cannot think of what cheese to use, I am thinking parmeganio, but not sure. Any suggestions on what cheese I should use, and if you think I should change anything else about the pizza. I do not cook with pumpkin much, so I am hoping that some people on this board have cooked with pumpkin a lot and will have great ideas. Thanks!!!

Are you committed to the sweet concept, with nutmeg, etc? Because, squash with butter, sage, and garlic is fantastic. I think I would prefer either a sweet or savory, not a combination. I would recommend leaving out the sugar and spices completely and go with a savory combination altogether. Sage, garlic, onion, and asiago cheese...

I am not committed to anything. Yours sounds good. So still have the pumpkin puree as the sauce? So I assume you roast the squash, onions, and garlic with the sage right? THanks!!!

yep, add some olive oil and sea salt when you roast it (toss everything together in a bowl and dump onto a rimmed cookie sheet). Bits of prosciutto would be nice, too.

Back
Top Bottom