ISO comments on no-knead pizza dough recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbie24

Senior Cook
http://steamykitchen.com/blog/2008/...tbread-with-baby-arugula-and-shaved-parmesan/

I'm looking for reviews for this pizza dough. Has anyone tried it and if you did what do you think? pros/cons anything? It looks really really good.

DH just told me he wants pizza for dinner, he must think i have a magic wand or something. With 3 kiddos running around i really dont want to go into a whole long dough process so i was wondering if this recipe was worth it or should i just do it the long way?

TIA.

http://steamykitchen.com/blog/2008/...tbread-with-baby-arugula-and-shaved-parmesan/

I'm looking for reviews for this pizza dough. Has anyone tried it and if you did what do you think? pros/cons anything? It looks really really good.

DH just told me he wants pizza for dinner, he must think i have a magic wand or something. With 3 kiddos running around i really dont want to go into a whole long dough process so i was wondering if this recipe was worth it or should i just do it the long way?

TIA.

I've made it and I loved it. It tastes really good, and since you can keep it in the fridge for almost two weeks, once you make it, it's easy to make a pizza dinner when you don't feel like making something more complicated.

debbie - what a fabulous site that is!!!! It puts the NY Times Bread recipe into a visual perspective, which is something I need!!!!

Ladycook61 i went with the recipe you posted the link to because it looked really fast and it was a big mistake. The honey in there made the dough a horrible sweet, in my opinion anyway and the dough other than the sweetness was very very bland. Do you know why they say no salt in that recipe? I really liked the softness of the dough and it was soo easy to make and work with and i would make the dough again just with my own changes like maybe adding salt, some italian seasonings, omit the honey definitely.

Anyway does anyone know why they wouldnt add salt to this recipe? Would it change anything else?
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1941,148167-250202,00.html

Thank you everyone else for your comments, i think i'll try the no knead recipe next time even tho DH said said he would prefer our old recipe.

Here's a pic of the pizza & a pic of a apple crostada made also.

Attachments

• IMG_5351.JPG
    IMG_5351.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5355.JPG
    IMG_5355.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 131
Ladycook61 i went with the recipe you posted the link to because it looked really fast and it was a big mistake. The honey in there made the dough a horrible sweet, in my opinion anyway and the dough other than the sweetness was very very bland. Do you know why they say no salt in that recipe? I really liked the softness of the dough and it was soo easy to make and work with and i would make the dough again just with my own changes like maybe adding salt, some italian seasonings, omit the honey definitely.

Anyway does anyone know why they wouldnt add salt to this recipe? Would it change anything else?
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1941,148167-250202,00.html

Thank you everyone else for your comments, i think i'll try the no knead recipe next time even tho DH said said he would prefer our old recipe.

Here's a pic of the pizza & a pic of a apple crostada made also.

sorry that the dough was not to your liking. I think they said no salt because of the onion powder and garlic powder. You probably could omit the onion and garlic and add salt instead and omit the honey.

Pizza dough review

Wow! I am so grateful that I came across this recipe. I am trying so hard to balance healthy, homemade with limited free time, and this recipe really helps out. It took no time at all to put the ingredients together, pop it in the fridge, and the next day stretch it out, bake, and voila-excellent pizza. In fact, I mixed up two servings and the next day my husband made breadsticks. I will never buy refrigerated crusts again!! Thanks to the wonderful person who posted this recipe.

For clarification, the recipe I used came from the same place Debbie's recipe came from; however, I only used the framework for the dough, I made a somewhat more traditional (although bar-b-que) pizza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom