ISO Help with Deep Dish Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Power-Append

Assistant Cook
I have never made a deep dish pizza, and I would like to try my hand at making it, so is there any easy recipe you recommend?

Thank You :chef:

One tip would be use a thicker sauce.
A cooked sauce made from whole peeled canned tomatoes does good on deep dish, runnier sauces will flood your pie and make it soggy.
Pick a recipe and try it. Tweak it, and try again. Here is my last deep dish.

Attachments

• DSC06181.JPG
    DSC06181.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 195
A cooked sauce made from whole peeled canned tomatoes does good on deep dish, runnier sauces will flood your pie and make it soggy.

Moose; you are a pizza monster! Your pies rock!

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Haven't been able to try a homemade pizza yet, so I don't have any tips. But I do have
a request, send a slice my way when you make yours.

Moose, I was away and not sure if you ever posted the recipes for the dough the last time I asked when you posted bunch of picks, but maybe you can post again, please.:yum:

Moose, I was away and not sure if you ever posted the recipes for the dough the last time I asked when you posted bunch of picks, but maybe you can post again, please.:yum:

Are you looking for a NY style crust or a deep dish?

Here is the a typical NY style i use quite often.
4.5 cups bread flour
1 pack ADY
tsp salt
tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1.75 cups water

Outside of Chicago, which I have never tried a deepdish, Pizza Hut offered the Priazzo back in the '80's. My favorite was the Portofino. We have found recipes for the Priazzos, but the are some special pieces of equipment need.

Thank you. How long do you let it rise, seat?
At room temp for an hour or so, cut into thirds and place in lightly oiled round tupperware. Ferment in fridge for up to 5 days. Day 3 is about the best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom