ISO How long for pizza dough to thaw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I made homemade pizza dough the other day and split it into two zip lock bags. I froze them. Last night I transfered them into the refrigerator. I know it has to be room temperature before I can prepare and cook the pizza's. I don't know exactly when I'm cooking them. It might depend on my DH. I might be in the later afternoon or not until this evening. My question is: I wonder when I can take them out of the cold refrigerator and onto the counter and how long I can keep them on the counter for.

Speaking of pizza dough: It took me 5 trys to get it right. I have a kitchen aide mixer and my brother taught me how to make pizza dough years ago. I have done it maybe a 1/2 of dozen times. Than I moved and didn't touch it for quite some time. For some reason I couldn't get my brothers recipe to work "wouldn't rise" so I ended up following another recipe based on a friends advise and it worked. ahhhhhhhh "lol"

Going to try an hour

I'm going to try an hour and if it needs more time, than I'll let it sit out longer. I'm thinking an hour is long enough. I will let you know what I find out. ;)

I usuallylet my frozen pizza dough defrost/rest in the fridge for 6-7 hours. You'll know when its defrosted because it will expand a little.

Yes, I had taking it out of the freezer the night before. I was wondering how long do I have to take it out of the refrigerator for before cooking it - as it needs to be room temperature. I ended up taking it out for about an hour and a half. I happen to be cooking some artichoke dip in the oven - so I put the bowls ontop of the oven since the dough was VERY cold from the refrigerator.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom