ISO - Non-Tomato Based Pizzas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe we should be discussing eggplant. Can you make pesto with eggplant?

I'm frustrated. I need an index of every DC member and what his/her DH/DW likes too.

At least I'll be simple on everybody. I'm single. Just me and DD (dear dog). DD likes anything as long is it remotely resembles food. He'd probably eat pesto and cilantro and basil and even Brussels sprouts. And then he'd throw it up in the middle of my (our/his) bed.

It's probably best that I just feed DD his dog food. And you can feed DH his whatever pesto, and you can pretend to like your Brussels sprouts. :)

Arugula + walnuts are great paired in a pesto. ;)

I have also had a pesto that used green olives as the base along with the other usual suspects (a touch of basil, olive oil, garlic, parmigiano & pine nuts). Over handmade gnocchi. :pig::pig:

I seldom eat pizza without tomatoes, however this is the most gorgeous white pizza I've ever tasted: shrimps tails, red radicchio, mozzarella, ricotta, oil and pepper.
But please don't ask me how to prepare it, because I ate it in some pizzeria!

Arugula + walnuts are great paired in a pesto. ;)

I have also had a pesto that used green olives as the base along with the other usual suspects (a touch of basil, olive oil, garlic, parmigiano & pine nuts). Over handmade gnocchi. :pig::pig:

Those sound fantastic, thanks for the ideas, Zereh!

I seldom eat pizza without tomatoes, however this is the most gorgeous white pizza I've ever tasted: shrimps tails, red radicchio, mozzarella, ricotta, oil and pepper.
But please don't ask me how to prepare it, because I ate it in some pizzeria!

I'm sure my imagination won't fail me...Pizza is pretty much a no brainer! Thanks, Luca!

It's time to start bugging you about ravioli fillings...:)

I'm sure my imagination won't fail me...Pizza is pretty much a no brainer! Thanks, Luca!

It's time to start bugging you about ravioli fillings...:)

You're welcome Princess!
I just spent hours during the holidays making tons of tortellini, with my fiancee's brother, according to their family recipe (every family in Italy has its own secret formula for the best recipe :LOL:). We ate them all, and my diet went down the drain...

You're welcome Princess!
I just spent hours during the holidays making tons of tortellini, with my fiancee's brother, according to their family recipe (every family in Italy has its own secret formula for the best recipe :LOL:). We ate them all, and my diet went down the drain...

Is it true that they are made to resemble the belly button of Venus? :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

BBQ sauce with shreaded beef makes a good pizza. Chile and peppers. What does he like? Meat , fish , Just about anything you put on a sandwhich will make a good pizza.
I like breakfast pizza's too, eggs and cheese with the dough brushed with olive oil.

Her is one of my favorites, pesto,olives
39817-albums371-picture2895.jpg
,cheese, and walleye fillets.

You're welcome Princess!

What a way to go off the diet! Homemade tortellini...

I like white pizza - its olive oil, garlic on the crust with parmsean, provolone and mozzarella for topping. Bake till cheese is bubbly. Some people like to put chicken or veggies on it - you can do whatever you like, but just plain is fine too.

When I was in Buffalo they made a pizza that used Franks Louisiana hot sauce instead of tomato sauce and then topped it with chunks of white meat chicken tossed in more hot sauce. They served it with blue cheese dressing and celery/carrot sticks. It was tasty but, it may have just been the beer and the environment, and did I mention the beer!

When I was in Buffalo they made a pizza that used Franks Louisiana hot sauce instead of tomato sauce and then topped it with chunks of white meat chicken tossed in more hot sauce. They served it with blue cheese dressing and celery/carrot sticks. It was tasty but, it may have just been the beer and the environment, and did I mention the beer!

I like white pizza - its olive oil, garlic on the crust with parmsean, provolone and mozzarella for topping. Bake till cheese is bubbly. Some people like to put chicken or veggies on it - you can do whatever you like, but just plain is fine too.

Cheese Steak Pizza with onions. I like it with american cheese, but provolone is good too.

All sound good, I love buffalo chicken pizza. Have to ask the nephew if he likes hot, spicy foods. Cheese Steak pizza...that's going on my list. And that white pizza sounds much lighter than using an alfredo sauce.

Thanks Ladies!

I had a delicious non-tomato pizza on Tybee Island once involving cream cheese, yogurt, goat cheese, smoked salmon, onions, capers, walnuts, & roasted bell peppers. Sounded weird but was a FANTASTIC combo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom