ISO - Non-Tomato Based Pizzas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here you go PF. :chef:

Olive oil sprinkled with mixed Italian herbs on the bottom, then caramelized white onion, uncooked shrimps, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and LOTS of mixed Italian cheese.

img_1099942_0_c5c9205d41eb65393b0995f796ff5fa1.jpg

I'm tempted to mix peanut butter, chilis and coconut cream (thick part of coconut milk) as a sauce, pretty similar to my Thai peanut dipping sauce. I guess it would be a sort of peanut butter and chicken open faced sandwich on pizza. :)

Olive oil sprinkled with mixed Italian herbs on the bottom, then caramelized white onion, uncooked shrimps, mushrooms, artichoke hearts and LOTS of mixed Italian cheese.

img_1099979_0_c5c9205d41eb65393b0995f796ff5fa1.jpg

When the stars make you drool just like pasta fazool
That's amore! :yum::LOL::ohmy:

Nice pie!!!!!!!!!!

Yum! Kayelle! Beautiful pie! Scribbled this down for the future! Thanks!

Just perused this thread, very good ideas! :yum: Kayelle, yours looks spectacular!

Last edited:
Both pesto & Alfredo pizzas are great substitutes. A good roast chicken & mushroom Alfredo pizza? Goat cheese & Perhaps with a little red onion? Yummy.

Basil tastes a lot more distinctive to me than spinach. I can't comprehend a pesto recipe featuring less taste. I'll admit I'm no expert here, haven't even made pesto at home.

Basil tastes a lot more distinctive to me than spinach. I can't comprehend a pesto recipe featuring less taste. I'll admit I'm no expert here, haven't even made pesto at home.

However, I don't only cook for myself. There is an Ogre who depends on me for his daily sustenance. I cook for him, so even though a Brussels Sprout will not pass my lips, they are cooked often enough to please him. No matter how much I rag on him, I'm still not done with him and plan on keeping him around. I'm too lazy to train another, anyway.

If I want basil pesto, I can make it, just plan on eating it by myself.

I have a nice little cookbook I've used for many years, "Pestos! Cooking with Herb Pastes", by Dorothy Rankin. You can make pesto from almost anything.

Last edited:
However, I don't only cook for myself. There is an Ogre who depends on me for his daily sustenance. I cook for him, so even though a Brussels Sprout will not pass my lips, they are cooked often enough to please him. No matter how much I rag on him, I'm still not done with him and plan on keeping him around. I'm too lazy to train another, anyway.

If I want basil pesto, I can make it, just plan on eating it by myself.

Sorry. I thought you or your mate didn't like cilantro pesto. I thought I was suggesting a viable alternative in using basil.

I just got off a phone call with my beloved cousin, where we both agreed we love Brussels sprouts. I don't know that has to do with the topic, or what you and/or your mate think about Brussels sprouts, although I love the idea that pizza could have Brussels sprouts.

Please send a recipe.

Last edited:
Sorry. I thought you or your mate didn't like cilantro pesto. I thought I was suggesting a viable alternative in using basil.

I just got off a phone call with my beloved cousin, where we both agreed we love Brussels sprouts. I don't know that has to do with the topic, or what you and/or your mate think about Brussels sprouts, although I love the idea that pizza could have Brussels sprouts.

Please send a recipe.

Exactly, cilantro tastes like soap to him...he doesn't like it, he's not crazy about basil pesto, I don't fix it for him. The Brussels Sprouts was just an example of something that he does like and I don't, but I still cook it for him, because he DOES like it.

I don't just cook for me...ours is a shared marriage, we both give and take for the other, so he likes Spinach Pesto, that's why I suggested it in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom