My pizza dough recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saviscious

Assistant Cook
This is a work in progress but will like to see how this goes. Please try it out and critique it. Also I used this recipe to make a pan/deep dish pizza. Personally I like to experiment with recipes and try new things/ideas. You can also add some honey, garlic or whatever you see fit to improve this recipe. As for the image below, I buttered the crust and well wanted a very thick crust too. I think i could have scaled back the crust a bit.

My pizza recipe

yield est: 2 medium pizzas.

4C flour (All Purpose or Bread or flour of your choice. I used AP as it was the only flour i can afford)
2Tbsp sugar
1 pkg instant dry yeast
1Tbsp Salt
1 1/2C Water
1/3C Olive oil
1 egg beaten
1/2C cornmeal

1.) Mix yeast ¼ cup of warm water, ¼ cup of flour, and 2Tbsp sugar in a bowl cover and let stand in a warm place for 15~20 minutes. (Note: add sugar to water first then whisk til dissolved then add yeast and whisk for about 30 seconds)

2.) In a bowl add remaining flour, salt, and cornmeal. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and liquid ingredients. Pour water and beat egg in slowly. After ingredients are combined and dough is formed. Let proof for 1-2 hours. Dough should be very light, fluffy, and airy.

3.) Punch down dough after it has risen and knead for 1-2 minutes, but do not over knead. Form into a ball and roll out dough into desired shape.

4.) Preheat oven to 425F and cook for 25-30 minutes.

Attachments

• 2011-07-02 12.36.31.jpg
    2011-07-02 12.36.31.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 235
Pizza dough revised

Yield 3 medium deep dish pizzas

Flour 4 C
(2C Bread, 1 1/2 C cake 1/2 C ap is my ideal blend so far)
Water 1 2/3 C (110-115F)
Honey 1/4 C
Olive oil 1/4
Salt 2Tbsp
Melted Butter 1/2C
Baking powder
Instant dry yeast 1pkg
Sugar 1Tbsp

1. Mix yeast with 2/3 C water and sugar. Add mix to 1/2 C flour and mix well. Let double in size for 30min to 1 hour

2. Sift flour and baking powder together. Pour in salt AROUND the edge. Add yeast preferment (mixture in step 1) and mix. gradually pour in water. Add olive oil and honey. Mix until dough is smooth. Add more flour/liquid if necessary and or desired.

3. Let double in size for 1-2 hours then punch down and knead. Roll out dough to desired length and bake in cake pan or sheet pan.

Enjoy.

not this time but it came out a lot better then the first above. This is my 4th revision as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom