Parmesan-Rosemary Focaccia in the Bread Machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Parmesan-Rosemary Focaccia in the Bread Machine

1 cup water at 80 degrees F
1/3 cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsp. for drizzling
1 tsp. salt
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp. QuickRise yeast or Bread Machine Yeast
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1 tsp. dried rosemary, crumbled

Place the ingredients – except the Parmesan cheese, rosemary and 2 tbsp. olive oil – in the bread-machine pan in the order given. Turn to the dough setting and turn it on. Watch it for the first minute or two – you may need to use a spatula to make sure all the flour is incorporated into the dough ball. Then let the bread machine do its thing through the first rise time, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Generously oil a jelly roll pan – I use a Pampered Chef 9″x13″ stone baking pan. Remove the dough from the machine, wet your hands with water (to prevent sticking), and press the dough flat into the pan, pushing it into all the corners. If it resists, let it rest for 10 minutes and continue. Use your fingers or a pair of chopsticks to press dimples into the dough at even intervals – your yummy toppings will collect in these. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave in a warm, draft-free place while you heat the oven, at least 20 minutes. I put it in the microwave – no drafts in there.

Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Press dimples into dough again. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil, then the cheese and rosemary. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Cut into squares or wedges to serve immediately. To serve later, cool completely and reheat at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.

Cooled focaccia can also be frozen for up to one month. To reheat, thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F, then heat directly on oven racks for 10 minutes.

There are lots of variations on this basic recipe: You can add garlic powder and/or onion powder and/or herbs to the dry ingredients, or add caramelized onions to the topping. Focaccia is great for dipping in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or you can slice it lengthwise and use for panini.

attachment.php

Thanks, GG. C&P for next weekend when I fire up the bread machine again. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs in veggies to process.

When do you start your classes, btw? Are you EXCITED?

whoo-baby, this looks good, gg. thanks, copied and saved.

i have a big rosemary bush that's looking for a reason to be snipped.

Thanks! It is delicious :yum:

CWS, I start culinary school next Monday! I am *really* excited! I picked up my chef clothes last week and have orientation this Friday! I can hardly believe it's almost time! The first-semester fees include a set of chef's tools, including knives, peelers, a spatula, etc. New toys!

When I interviewed with one of the chefs, he said, "There will be a lot of studying, too. Are you ready for that?" I said, "I'm the type of person who reads cookbooks like novels." It should be really fun. I can't wait till we get to break down a side of beef :LOL:

Last edited:

Thanks, BT :) Another way we use rosemary is on pork chops - mix a few tbsp. Dijon mustard with a tsp. or so of thyme, rub on pork chops and grill. After turning, lay a 5-6-inch sprig of rosemary on each chop. It gives them a light perfume and flavor of rosemary. Easy and yummy :)

Thanks! It is delicious :yum:

CWS, I start culinary school next Monday! I am *really* excited! I picked up my chef clothes last week and have orientation this Friday! I can hardly believe it's almost time! The first-semester fees include a set of chef's tools, including knives, peelers, a spatula, etc. New toys!

When I interviewed with one of the chefs, he said, "There will be a lot of studying, too. Are you ready for that?" I said, "I'm the type of person who reads cookbooks like novels." It should be really fun. I can't wait till we get to break down a side of beef :LOL:
Woo-hoo! New toys!!! I'm still on the waiting list.

Try adding some seedless grapes to the dimples in the bread. before bakingIt's yummy
kades

I am so excited for you, GG! Thanks for the lovely recipe! Not a baker, am I, but this looks so good. I too have a rosemary bush in need of snipping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom