Pizza Flavored Pretzels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
Husband loves pizza flavored pretzels, we used to be able to find them now unless we order them on line we can't find them.
Does anyone have a recipe. I have tried a few on line recipes but just not right yet. Thanks

I should say that these are not a soft pretzel. These are a hard pretzel. The recipe that I have tried is you take pretzels and add the seasoning to it, one was with a lil oil and bake them for ten min.
How I found the recipe I was researching spegetti sauce mix that I saw and never seen that before decided to find out what that was all about and there was a recipe for a pizza snack mix
Here's one that I tried the other was very close only you baked it for 10 min in a 325 oven
Pizza Flavored Snack Mix
8 cups crispix cereal
14 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp spaghetti sauce (mix)
2 tsps garlic powder
4 cups pretzel (nuggets)
3 tbsps vegetable oil
Combine the parmesan, sauce mix and garlic powder.
In a large plastic bag, combine Crispix and pretzels.
Pour oil over cereal mix.
Seal bag and toss gently until well coated.
Pour in the parmesan mixture and seal bag.

Husband loves pizza flavored pretzels, we used to be able to find them now unless we order them on line we can't find them.
Does anyone have a recipe. I have tried a few on line recipes but just not right yet. Thanks
I would like to help you out. Please clarify what you mean by "pizza flavored"

This sounds good, thanks for sharing :)

I should say that these are not a soft pretzel. These are a hard pretzel. The recipe that I have tried is you take pretzels and add the seasoning to it, one was with a lil oil and bake them for ten min.
How I found the recipe I was researching spegetti sauce mix that I saw and never seen that before decided to find out what that was all about and there was a recipe for a pizza snack mix
Here's one that I tried the other was very close only you baked it for 10 min in a 325 oven
Pizza Flavored Snack Mix
8 cups crispix cereal
14 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp spaghetti sauce (mix)
2 tsps garlic powder
4 cups pretzel (nuggets)
3 tbsps vegetable oil
Combine the parmesan, sauce mix and garlic powder.
In a large plastic bag, combine Crispix and pretzels.
Pour oil over cereal mix.
Seal bag and toss gently until well coated.
Pour in the parmesan mixture and seal bag.

zfranca said:
I cannot understand how you can have a Pizza season or flavor mix. Could some body please explain?

It could be any combination of ingredients that make what you put it on taste like pizza. Powdered tomato, oregano, garlic, cheese, etc. You could probably sprinkle it on popcorn, chips, and other stuff too, even pizza!

Last edited:
It could be any combination of ingredients that make what you put it on taste like pizza. Powdered tomato, oregano, garlic, cheese, etc. You could probably sprinkle it on popcorn, chips, and other stuff too, even pizza!
It is a difficult concept to digest.
What creates a pizza flavor is what takes place during the baking of the pizza: the blending of the dough with the other ingredients. Also there are so many variable toppings. I simply cannot understand how you can create a flavoring for that.

Last edited:
zfranca said:
It is a difficult concept to digest.
What creates a pizza flavor is what takes place during the baking of the pizza: the blending of the dough with the other ingredients. I simply cannot understand how you can create a flavoring for that.

Maybe this would help: Say you scrape the toppings and sauce off a pizza, leaving the crust, and dry them, then sprinkle the dried toppings/sauce over whatever you want to taste like pizza. I agree, it would certainly be no substitute for real pizza!

Last edited:
Maybe this would help: Say you scrape the toppings and sauce off a pizza, leaving the crust, and dry them, then sprinkle the dried toppings/sauce over whatever you want to taste like pizza. I agree, it would certainly be no substitute for real pizza!
I understand but since they are many options for pizza toppings I would presume that the pizza season mix comes in different flavors? The concept of ONE pizza flavoring does not make sense.

Last edited:
If one was energetic enough, it might be good to take a basic pretzel recipe and add some of those flavorings to the recipe. I might try that, next time I have some energy I ain't using.

Finally success, I purchased Pizza flavored seasoning from the spice barn
used Chopper's suggested recipe only with out the garlic powder and I put the preztel pcs in a bowl and added lil oil at a time till they were all coated. and hubbie likes the seasoning 2 tbl intstead of 1. I heated oven to 400 and put preztel on sheet pan put in oven and then turn oven off. works great. thanks chopper and everyone for your help.

I cannot understand how you can have a Pizza season or flavor mix. Could some body please explain?

All pizzas have a basic flavor. Oregano is the main flavor in the sauce that is on the pizza. There are other herbs that are used. You are confusing personal toppings with the basic flavor of pizza. It all starts with the seasoning in the sauce that is the start of the pizza. Once you have the sauce on the dough, the rest is personal choice. Do you want cheese with that, pepperoni, sausage, onions, mushrooms etc? You can purchase those personal choices in powder form from any good spice company.

To recreate the flavor of the basic pizza you would need the oregano, thyme, garlic, etc. along with the flavors of your personal choices. Mix all those flavors together and sprinkle over the snack of your choice. Be it pretzels, pop corn, tostitos, etc.

The reason some folks choose Domino's over Papa John's or any other pizza place is the sauce. The sauce is what gives the pizza its flavor. What other flavors you want on the pizza is your personal choice. :angel:

I would go with what Hoot said. A base pretzel recipe can easily be enhanced with garlic and oregano. Heck you can even stuff them with cheese and dip them in sauce!

Back
Top Bottom