Pizza pockets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Home made pizza pockets w/ground elk,mozzarella & red sauce.

img_1404780_0_6bb1a83a4ff65a9fa089994460918620.jpg

img_1404780_1_c9b8cbeaa7717b22b0be305169506cf9.jpg

Going to try that with some sausage we made. Dough and marinara recipes, please!:)

Going to try that with some sausage we made. Dough and marinara recipes, please!:)

Just basic pizza dough and the sauce is made with fresh tomato's Italian spices,garlic,onions, fresh basil then baked in the oven for about 3 hours, run through a food mill and canned.

If your just experimenting.Make the sauce for dipping.
Take some egg roll wrappers place some pepperoni slices(Sausage in your case) inside.Add the cheese.Wrap them up and fry it like you would egg rolls.Can't go wrong..

Here I wonder why my kids haven't moved out yet:LOL:

Wow that sound so good. Would love to try this, just not sure where to find elk in the UK[emoji854].

I see you are from the UK, so I have to wonder if the confusion between the elk (Alces alces alces) in UK English and elk (Cervus canadensis) in North American English is kicking in? What Europeans call elk, we call moose.

What salt and pepper was referring to in the recipe was this (wapiti or elk in N.A.):

Cervus_canadensis2006.jpg

Not this (moose in N.A.):

Moose_superior.jpg

Last edited:
I made my Grandma's pie crust recipe to which I added Italian herbs, fresh rosemary, and tomato powder. Defaced the leftover pizza from last night, added some more cheese and pizza sauce, brushed them with leftover egg white to which I added some water. I have the "half-moons" in the freezer. My plan is to bake them off in the toaster oven for my Mom's lunches. We'll see how that experiment worked.

Back
Top Bottom