Pizza recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Serves: 8

1 med. onion - sliced
1 med. green bell pepper - sliced
8 oz. mushrooms - sliced
1 Tbls. olive oil
8 oz. roast beef - shaved
3 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 recipe pizza dough (or Pillsbury's refrigerated, or hollowed-out French bread crust)
3 Tbls. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
4 cups shredded provolone cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

-Sauté vegetables in olive oil until limp; add roast beef; sauté and additional 3 minutes.
-Add Worcestershire sauce and pepper; stir; remove from heat; set aside.
-Brush prepared dough with olive oil and spread crushed garlic over entire surface of dough.
-Top with a light layer of shredded cheese, then meat and vegetable mixture, distributing evenly.
-Top with remaining shredded cheese, then Parmesan.
-For homemade dough, bake in a 500 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly; or follow directions on package of refrigerated dough. For French bread crust, tent loosely with foil and bake at 350 till cheese is melted, remove foil and turn on broiler just long enough to brown top slightly.
-Let sit 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

Tex-Mex Pizza

12" un-cooked pizza crust
2 lrg. tomatoes - diced
1 Tbls. chopped jalapeno pepper
2 cloves garlic - minced
4 green onions - chopped
2 cups grated cheddar cheese - low fat okay
2 Tbls. grated Parmesan cheese - low fat okay
salt - to taste
ground black pepper - to taste
1/4 cup guacamole
1/2 cup sour cream - low fat okay
2 Tbls. chopped cilantro - preferably fresh

-Place pizza crust on a greased pizza pan or ungreased pizza stone.
-Spoon tomatoes over pizza dough, leaving a 1/2" border around the outside.
-Top with jalapenos, garlic, and onion.
-Sprinkle with cheeses and season with salt and pepper to taste.
-Bake in 500 degree oven for 10-14 minutes, until bottom of crust is golden brown.
-Top with guacamole and a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle on cilantro.
-Serve extra sour cream on the side.

Both sound wonderful. Pizza is my bad food. I don't get to eat it much, but when I do, I eat too much

6.gif

it's EXCELLENT with dallops of ricotta added near the end of baking and letting it warm through. i can put down 1 1/2 small pies all by myself when i get it like that.

Nice idea and I hope you dont mind me stepping into the ring. My dad's whole midlife crisis revolved around pizza so we developed a few interesting ones along the way. Im gonna go by toppings btw... assume these to be on a pillsbury crust or a square from scratch crust or however you prefer.

Mollete pizza: based on a traditional college food this is the ultimate mexican pizza. It contains the following:

Frijoles puercos (refried beans with crumbled chorizo in them)
More fried, crumbled chorizo (we are talking norhtern chorizo, substitute for ground beef fried with vinager and chilli powder)
jalapeno slices, fresh or canned
thin tomato slices
lots of grated cheese.

Basically this one has no sauce... it's a layer of refried frijoles puercos and then all the toppings on it.

The ruben

Fried corn beef in strips
drained and washed sour krout (boiled a little if raw of course)
strips of red onion
Other veggies if wanted (sweet peppers, mushrooms, etc)
Russian dressing
cheese

You set up your layer of cheese, a bit of washed (nice and mild) Kraut and then just pile on the corned beef with some onions. After it comes out of the oven criss cross lines of russian dressing over the whole thing.

Buffalo chicken

Strips of chicken (fajita syle) or cubes fried and then tossed in your favorite buffalo sauce.
Thin slices of cellery
strips of onions and whatever other veggies you want.
gratted cheese
some chunky bleu cheese dressing or real bleu cheese.

Probably my favorite. Just pile on the ingredients except for the bleu cheese which you either want to dip your slice into while your eating, or slop it on top of your slice. This pizza is even better with a little crumbled bacon or fried pepperoni.

Lugaru, that Mollete Pizza sounds sooooooooooooooooo good!!!

and along those lines, how about a carne asada pizza?

jkath said:
Lugaru, that Mollete Pizza sounds sooooooooooooooooo good!!!

and along those lines, how about a carne asada pizza?

Oh man... salty strips of grilled steak with chunks of sweet grilled onions? That would be incredible. Especially if you top it with some fresh diced onion, tomato, serrano and cilantro (pico de gallo) once it comes out of the oven. Thanks for the hard rocking idea! I do personal pizzas from time to time so I need to make this one!

Btw I just remembered my dad's secret weapon. He made a "sepcial sauce" which he intended to charge more for if he got his buisness going... it was a ground meat sauce like for spagetti... craziest thing I've ever seen. Imagine that on a pre-baked crust with tons of cheese and THEN your toppings. One slice was like eating a sub or something.

Lugaru, why don't you post the carne asada pizza recipe once you perfect it?

The meat sauce is something my kids love. We put it in all kinds of food you wouldn't expect. One of their favorite after school snacks is to fry a flour tortilla, fill it with spaghetti sauce heavily laden with ground beef, roasted garlic and fresh tomatoes, and then top with shredded mild cheddar and avocado. Then you wrap it like a burrito. Then you put it back on the skillet and make it golden.

That Reuban pizza looks good! I love kraut.

Here's another one that's very tasty...

Swiss ham and artichoke Pizza

INGREDIENTS
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 envelope (2-1/4 tsp.) fast-acting dry yeast
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup warm water (120°F)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, cut into quarters
1 cup (6 oz.) diced cooked ham
1 can (2-1/4 oz.) sliced black olives, drained
2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Fancy Swiss Shredded Cheese
1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Fancy Parmesan Shredded Cheese

DIRECTIONS

1. Combine flour, yeast, oregano, salt and garlic powder in food processor fitted with steel blade. Pulse once to blend ingredients. Add water and oil; process 30 seconds. Let stand 20 minutes.

2. Press dough evenly over bottom and up sides of lightly greased 14-inch pizza pan. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 10 minutes.

3. Arrange artichoke hearts, ham and olives over partially baked crust; sprinkle with Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. Return to oven; bake 18 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Cut into wedges or squares.

*Note* a refrigerated pizza crust, found in your grocer's dairy section, will work fine for this.

And another...

Title: Broccoli and Cheddar Pizza
Yield: 8 servings

1 T + 2t. olive oil
3 Garlic cloves, minced
2 c Thawed frozen chopped
Broccoli
1/2 c Part skim ricotta cheese
1 pk Pizza crust dough(Pillsbury)
1 t Sesame seed
3 oz Red-fat Cheddar, shredded
3 oz Part-skim, mozzarella
Shredded
2 t Grated parmesan cheese
Dash of pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 10-inch non-stick skillet heat
oil; add garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until
golden brown, about 1 minute. Add broccoli and cook, stirring
occasionally, until broccoli is thoroughly heated, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in ricotta cheese and set aside.

Spray 12-inch round pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray; fit pizza-crust dough into pan. Spread broccoli mixture evenly over dough, leaving 1/2 inch of outer edge of dough uncovered. Sprinkle sesame seed over outer edge of dough. Sprinkle cheddar and mozzarella cheeses over broccoli mixture, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper.

Bake until pizza crust is lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.

This is a great work night meal.

Mexican Pizza

1 16 oz. can refried beans
3/4 cup picante sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tomato chopped
1 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
1 4 oz. can sliced olives
1 baked pizza shell (Boboli is what I use)

Mix together refried beans and picante sauce. Spread on pizza shell. Layer other ingredients on top of refried bean mixture. Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly.

I picked up one somewhere along the way, they titled it Blue Heaven

pizza dough (premade, or homemade)
mushrooms
garlic
parsley
olive oil
gorgonzola
mozarella

Saute your mushrooms with the garlic and some oil until they love their water and it evaporates off. Add your parsley and give it a tiny bit longer.

Spread some olive oil on the base, then put an appropriate amount of mozarella over the base. Spread the mushroom mixture over the mozarella, then crumble the gorgonzola over the mushrooms.

Put in oven until the crust is done.

Delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom