"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Pizza & Focaccia

Old 01-05-2015, 06:28 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Thin crust for me. I like when you sometimes get random air bubbles on the edge of the pizza that turn out extra crispy.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:20 PM   #12
Wine Guy

These days, I like a Meat-za crust!
Meat-za Pizza Crust

Old 01-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #13
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Looking at Steve's Meat-Za crust, I think a pan lined with sandwich pepperoni and crisped would be fantastic.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #14
Master Chef

A lonely voice...

We like thicker pizza dough. Not particularly deep-dish thick (although we do like Uno's every now and then), but roughly the thickness of a slice of standard sandwich bread. We like it chewy, with enough edge to the crust to make it worth dipping in sauce.

Then there is the infamous "Pizza Cake". We were moving from Apartment 1 to Apartment 2 and had a number of friends helping. Kathy decided her way of helping would be to bake a big sheet pizza at the new place. Except she hadn't had enough time to let the Rhodes dough do its rise before you could get it flat. Now THAT was one thick pizza! Poor dear. She never made pizza with Rhodes dough again.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:34 PM   #15
Head Chef

Pepperoni Pizza Cake recipe from Pillsbury.com

Made this ( or something very similar to it) a few weeks ago. Wasn't worth the effort, but sure looked impressive
Old 01-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
These days, I like a Meat-za crust!
Meat-za Pizza Crust
I just have to try this this weekend, At first I thought you wer talking about the epic meal time video of the meat pizza, they used sausage crust beef base, it was redonculous.... its on youtube, epic meal times videos are kind of useless but entertaining {because they are so stupid}...

I have some wild turkey breasts {about 6 lbs}, I could run through the grinder, then debone a chicken and run that though, then mix with a dough hook, some egg, poultry seasonings, and cornmeal {as a binder} for a bit healthier version of the meatza recipe???

I have ran poultry through the meat grinder a bunch of times {Need to clean it super well after} for my chicken salad recipe... {I am trying not to add a recipe to every post I make so I will refrain, but it is delicious, it uses sweet relish and brown sugar}...
Old 01-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #17
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking4to View Post
I have some wild turkey breasts {about 6 lbs}, I could run through the grinder, then debone a chicken and run that though, then mix with a dough hook, some egg, poultry seasonings, and cornmeal {as a binder} for a bit healthier version of the meatza recipe???
I guess that depends on how you define healthy. Me... I'm trying to up my fat intake.

You can change it up however you like, but it won't be the same. Personally, I always think it's a good idea to try a recipe as written the first time.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:27 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I guess that depends on how you define healthy. Me... I'm trying to up my fat intake.

You can change it up however you like, but it won't be the same. Personally, I always think it's a good idea to try a recipe as written the first time.
Oh yeah, I am going to make one exactly how the recipe states, but I have been thinking about what to do with that turkey, I was going to brine it and bacon wrap it, then cook it with a cornbread stuffing, but thats what I do everytime. My oldest son is having a sleep over this weekend {last weekend was my youngest sons sleep over, and they ate 7 pizzas} so I am sure I will need a lot of food...
Old 01-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #19
Master Chef

I love real New York pizza, as in the kind you get in NYC.

That's hard to find outside of NY.

Since my family is from Chicago I love a real deep dish pizza, Chicago-style.

I even like Greek style pizza!!

The only pizza I won't eat is the chain restaurant kind like papa whatever's. Luckily there are mom and pop places everywhere in my neighborhood
Old 01-05-2015, 11:39 PM   #20
Master Chef

Thin crust. My ideal pizza is super thin crust, olive oil, mozzarella, and veggies. I can go for a marinara sauce with meat pizza now and then, but it isn't my fave.

Tags
crust, pizza