Reusing pizza dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I bought refrigerated pizza dough. When it was the day to make pizza, i left it out on the counter to rise, which it did. Unfortunately, i got home from work too late to make pizza.

I put the dough back in the refrigerator, and my question is, will it rise again when I take it out for the next time ? If not, what can i do with it?

larry

I've done that before myself....I brought it back to room temp and it didn't rise but still used for pizza and it was fine...just maybe a bit heavy. Everyone liked the pizza.

i generally make enough dough for 5 or 6 pizzas at a time. i store it in a plastic bag in the fridge for up to a week or more. in that time, it will rise and i will punch it down several times. i've never had any problems and in my opinion, the dough just gets better & better. ;)

If a batch of refrigerated 5 minute dough, is replenished with a pinch of yeast and an appropriate ratio of water to flour (~50% bakers ratio+) and about 1/3 of the refrigerated dough is used daily, how long can the refrigerated dough be kept going?

Back
Top Bottom