Unused pizza dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crusty61

Assistant Cook
Hey! people I still don't know how to use all these threads, but I read someone wanting to use leftover dough , when my three girls were at home, I used to flaten out any dough left over and have ready a mix of beef mince(ground) onion,garlic, tomatoe paste,tomatoes and bean thread noodles, the dough has to be nice and thin, then at about a side plate, add a tablespoon full of mix, brush with egg, 1/2 way through, then spritz with water, so the crust is crispy. my girls used to call them Mums puff ups. I'm not good at writing this out, what I mean is flatten the paste out to bread and butter plate size,
thin,so it is not like bread dough ,
I hope you try this it is really good hot or cold so I am told, by the teenage gang , cheers for now, crusty 61

fry it!

I've also fried it in clean hot oil by breaking it into small pieces, about the size of a golf ball. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar when still hot. It's pretty close to zeppole's without waiting for an italian feast to come to town.

Great idea, crusty!

Verablue, yours sounds like a northern beignet!

(PS - anything fried or sugared is always a good thing)

or you can make beerox (beirox) - flatten a little piece of dough in the palm of your hand and fill it with a combination of sauteed burger, cabbage, onion, seasoning and seal the edges together. Dip in bacon grease (if you dare), or brush with a little butter and bake them up!!

VeraBlue said:
I've also fried it in clean hot oil by breaking it into small pieces, about the size of a golf ball. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar when still hot. It's pretty close to zeppole's without waiting for an italian feast to come to town.
I have done this as well. Soooo yummy. Great suggestion VeraBlue!

I make it fried and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar...I'm betting the 10x sugar is equally good.

Back
Top Bottom