Using Artisan Bread Dough,"Pizza"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I had a little over 1 pound of Artisan bread dough,(Master recipe,5 minutes a day)

Made a basic olive oil,garlic,basil base.To replace the usual tomato sauce.
Shaped the dough into a lightly greased pizza pan.Let the dough rise a little bit about 30 minutes,not the full time of an actual loaf.Topped it off with left over chicken breasts,and cheese.

Baked on a dark nonstick pizza pan.Preheated oven at 450. for 35 minutes.The pan was not preheated.No water was used as a steam.

Maybe someone here can fix a minor detail with it?
The cooking temp is off,the cheese was browning before the middle of the dough was thoroughly cooked.After it was done and sliced I noticed that the dough in the middle wasn't as crisp and brown as I would have liked it to be..It was done,just not the way it should be.The dough did rise,to make about 1/2" thick crust.

What would be a generally safe oven temp and cooking time for this?
Should I have let the dough rise a little more and get to room temp before baking?

Thanks

Munky.

I'd have prebaked it a bit before putting cheese on it. I find my cheese always gets overdone otherwise. So if there is a different answer, I look forward to hearing it!

I prebake my crust too, until it's sturdy. I add toppings, put the pizza back in the oven long enough to warm the toppings and melt the cheese, and then crank up the broiler for a minute or so to brown the cheese.

Back
Top Bottom