What is the best pizza topping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diether

Assistant Cook
:chef: If there is anyone that could please help me I would like to find out what is the best pizza topping?.I am having fiends over at my house and they say that i cant cook but that's not the case,I am good at making pizza but i am looking for a topping that would knock that off they feet.I know that you guys have great and creative ideas on what i should put on the pizza,just remember any idea is fine;)

It all starts with the sauce. From there you can mentally divide the pizza into eight slices. On each slice you can put mushrooms, pepperoni on the next, sautéed onions on the next, peppers and onions on the next, etc. What are some of your favorite pizza you have had? Make it half and half. Half with veggies for your non-meat eating friends, and sausage, pepperoni, salami, etc. on the other half. Let your imagination be your guide. Just don't get carried away with exotic foods like lamb's tongue or blood pudding. And stick you your standard Italian cheeses. Don't go off on some tangent looking for a cheese that is made only in the high Himalayas by an old goat herder who is the only person with the recipe. Stick with what you know and are familiar with. Good luck. :angel:

Cheese is a good starter. Then again, some pizzas don't have cheese. From there it is a personal thing. Personally, I judge a pizza place by their pepperoni pizza. Pepperoni being one of the most popular toppings.

The best pizza is the Margherita: sauce (tomato puree, oliva oil, salt, pepper), mozzarella and basil.
Really good is also the Capricciosa: sauce, mozzarella, black olives, small artichokes, ham and mozzarella.
My favorite is the pizza with sauce, tuna, onion, red pepper and mozzarella.
Yes, mozzarella is everywhere. If you don't want cheese there is also the Marinara: sauce, anchovies, oregano and oil.

The best pizza topping is the one YOU like.

Sauce and cheese are as important as the crust.

After that, it's all a matter of personal preference.

The Margherita and the Marinara are the true italian Pizza: the best pizza chef in Napoli does only Margherita and Marinara.

I like my pizza with cheese only. My mother used to make her own homemade crust and sauce and she used brick cheese instead of mozzarella. That taste really takes me home! You could smell her pizza baking all over the neighborhood!

Only the people that will be eating your pizza can answer that. At our house we eat the topping we like. My brother-in-law has stuff on his pizza that makes our dog leave the room.

Putting anchovies on the pizza will guarantee there will be plenty of leftovers for your lunch this week. Since I have been in California I have only found three people who would share an anchovy pizza with me, and they were all Pilipinos!

BTW, remember that, if God wanted pineapple on pizza, he would have put Italy in the south Pacific!

The crust and sauce are the most important parts of the pizza to me. I like a flavorful, smooth tomato sauce with a little heat, and I like a lot of it. And pizza isn't pizza for me if it doesn't have pepperoni on it. But that's my preference. If your friends don't like pepperoni or lots of sauce, they won't like it. I don't think going overboard with exotic toppings is the answer. Just make sure the crust and sauce taste good.

Make up the pizzas with no toppings and have a selection of toppings prepared so your guests can add the ones they want before you cook them.

Putting anchovies on the pizza will guarantee there will be plenty of leftovers for your lunch this week. Since I have been in California I have only found three people who would share an anchovy pizza with me, and they were all Pilipinos!

BTW, remember that, if God wanted pineapple on pizza, he would have put Italy in the south Pacific!

We had anchovies on pizza one time that we liked. It just so happened that the anchovies were chopped up really small, not those big long stips most restaurants use. It gave just a tad of a taste of the anchovies and was not over powering.

:LOL:

I like most anything on my pizza....the possible exception is fruit. I can eat it on a pizza but I prefer my fruit in other concoctions. Mrs Hoot will not eat anchovies. She says they are fuzzy.

I gagged right in the restaurant in Hawaii when I saw a pizza with fish and pineapple on it. We had to move to another table so we couldn't see them eating it. :angel:

We had anchovies on pizza one time that we liked. It just so happened that the anchovies were chopped up really small, not those big long stips most restaurants use. It gave just a tad of a taste of the anchovies and was not over powering.
This^ That, to me, is the way to put anchovies on pizza.

You could put anything - that's the fun part of pizza! :) I agree that a good tomato sauce is the key. I always make my own. I like to make for example two pizzas with different toppings. I like to put olives, feta cheese, and canned tuna served with some fresh arugula. Or ham, bacon and fresh mushrooms. Always top with some nice grated cheese, I don't mind if it's a strong flavored one. Yum! Now I want pizza! Too bad my oven is too small to make one...

I say some gold leaf, black caviar, you know stuff like that. That is if you want to knock them off their feet. If yo simply want to make something they like, ask what they like and use it.
Everybody has their favorite food item. And what I consider good maybe totally repulsive for you.

I changed my mind. The best pizza ends with the topping but starts with a wood burning oven!;)

Make up the pizzas with no toppings and have a selection of toppings prepared so your guests can add the ones they want before you cook them.

Oh I would have never thought of this! This is a very good idea. It is like a miniature pizza buffet in your own kitchen.

Andy, if you do not mind, I wish to put your suggestion into my kitchen computer. This could be very much fun among friends.

Your friend,
~Cat

Oh I would have never thought of this! This is a very good idea. It is like a miniature pizza buffet in your own kitchen.

Andy, if you do not mind, I wish to put your suggestion into my kitchen computer. This could be very much fun among friends.

Your friend,
~Cat

I put my suggestion here to help. Of course you can take it. You don't have to ask.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom