Which bread dough is better for pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mad Cook said:
Just seen your reply to Taxlady. Passover isn't for another month....

It's very hard to explain what goes into preparation for Passover in an Orthodox house. So, I would say, oh, my, it is only one month left before Passover and I have not made anything yet. My wife on the other hand been cleaning for at leat a month already. There is no way I would be able to make 20-40 individual/personal size pizzas in the next couple of weeks.

Use the french bread dough Charlie.

I agree - use the french bread. Consider asking them to brush it with a little olive oil before they bake it. It will be delicious and once it's covered up with toppings (which will be a fun activity) I think you will not notice the do-ahead nature of the crust.

BTW - I like artichokes hearts, mushrooms, kalamata olives and a little slivered red onion on mine.... ;)

Congratulations Charlie.

I did not know Bat Mitzvah was for girls. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject.

Yes, mushrooms are my all time favorite, and so is the purple onion with bazil leaves.

Bat Mitzvah is for girls. Bar Mitzvah is for boys.

I'll check bout oil. I've never order from the place before. O know their bread is very, very goof. We'll see about pizza.

Like PF said. It' s my daughter's birthday party and I am not going to impose what I think is better. I can do what she wants at least ones a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Do not have pictures, but party turned out great. We end up getting Focachia bread dough. They did mess up a little bit, dough was too puffy, but everybody loved it. Dough was freshly made in the morning. Party was at noonish. I had all the ingredients fresh on the buffet, people ordered what they liked. It was a hit. We do not really have Kosher Pizzeria in town, so this was cool.
Thank you, all for the suggestions.

Which do you think the girls will like? :) I'm thinking the focaccia dough might bake up with those nice large holes that are great in bread, but not so great for holding pizza toppings.
But aren't the holes in focaccia put there on purpose? So they could be left out (that sounds a bit odd but you know what I mean)

When I'm making pizza at home I use an ordinary white bread dough recipe with a slug of olive oil replacing a little of the water at the mixing stage. (My Italian neighbour taught me).

I think I'd probably go with the focaccia dough for your daughter's party. Just because the kids are young doesn't mean they don't deserve grown up food.

But aren't the holes in focaccia put there on purpose? So they could be left out (that sounds a bit odd but you know what I mean)...

The indentations in focaccia are there to minimize its balooning up during baking.

Both pizza and focaccia are traditionally made with 00 flour. This is a low protein flour, usually lower than all-purpose or bread flours.

But aren't the holes in focaccia put there on purpose? So they could be left out (that sounds a bit odd but you know what I mean)

When I'm making pizza at home I use an ordinary white bread dough recipe with a slug of olive oil replacing a little of the water at the mixing stage. (My Italian neighbour taught me).

I think I'd probably go with the focaccia dough for your daughter's party. Just because the kids are young doesn't mean they don't deserve grown up food.

You know how you often say you should read the entire thread before responding? The party was yesterday :)

:angel: One for your daughter reaching her 13th birthday.

Charlie, Moses may have led your people to the land of Milk and Honey. But even today, if you want to keep a Kosher Orthodox home, you don't have it very easy. Congratulations to your and your wife for making it such a special day and yet sticking to the laws of your religion. Quite an accomplishment. :angel:

The indentations in focaccia are there to minimize its balooning up during baking.

Yes. I thought the other post was referring to the slashes that are sometimes cut in focaccia (my Italian neighbour again), giving it a slightly lacy effect which the pizza toppings would fall through. Sorry for any confusion.

Yes. I thought the other post was referring to the slashes that are sometimes cut in focaccia (my Italian neighbour again), giving it a slightly lacy effect which the pizza toppings would fall through. Sorry for any confusion.

I think the point was to use the focaccia dough to make a pizza crust. Not to make a foccaccia then top it with pizza toppings. So the lacy effect of a focaccia bread would not be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom