White Whole Wheat Flour for Pizza Dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Girl49

Cook
When my new food processor arrives (bought the Cuisinart 12-cup on special today, online), I'd like to make homemade pizza dough. Can you substitute 50 percent or more white whole wheat flour (such as King Arthur) for all-purpose flour and get a comparable result?

It definitely has enough protein, at 13% that is higher than the 12.7% of their bread flour. If anything it'll make a nicer pizza crust because of that. I wouldn't use all-purpose flour for pizza, since it's only at 11.7% protein content. Those are for King Arthur brand, IDK how other brands stack up.

Last edited:
I use 60% white canadian red spring flour(15%protein) and the rest red spring wholemeal (14.7%pro).:)

Pizza Dough with White Whole Wheat Flour

Used white whole wheat flour (50 percent...other half was bread flour) tonight for hubby's and my first homemade pizza crust. It tasted good! Looking forward to many more, with different toppings, and better ability to roll crust out thin. Yay!​

Used white whole wheat flour (50 percent...other half was bread flour) tonight for hubby's and my first homemade pizza crust. It tasted good! Looking forward to many more, with different toppings, and better ability to roll crust out thin. Yay!​

Did you use a rolling pin?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom