A new pancake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good point.

I use my dishers a lot.

Tonight I made meatloaf, I like to make meatloaf balls, for maximum crust to meatloaf ratio. I use my big 1/2 cup disher, pack in the meat and pop it out on the tray. The disher isn't really necessary, but I like the size.

I use my dishers a lot.

Tonight I made meatloaf, I like to make meatloaf balls, for maximum crust to meatloaf ratio. I use my big 1/2 cup disher, pack in the meat and pop it out on the tray. The disher isn't really necessary, but I like the size.

I use one to make meatballs.

Somebody needs to show me a picture of a "disher". My expectation is a handle, with a squeeze trigger, attached to a stailess steel half circle, with an curved arm that slides inside the half circle to release the food withing, a scoop if you will. If that's the case, I have a 1 inch, and a three inch disher, one used for portioning out beatballs, cookie batter, etc., and the other to portion out food, such as ice cream, smashed spuds, bread stuffing, etc.

They work very nicely. You just have to be careful to purchase good quality, as the cheaply made ones are more hassle than they're worth.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Somebody needs to show me a picture of a "disher". My expectation is a handle, with a squeeze trigger, attached to a stailess steel half circle, with an curved arm that slides inside the half circle to release the food withing, a scoop if you will. If that's the case, I have a 1 inch, and a three inch disher, one used for portioning out beatballs, cookie batter, etc., and the other to portion out food, such as ice cream, smashed spuds, bread stuffing, etc.

They work very nicely. You just have to be careful to purchase good quality, as the cheaply made ones are more hassle than they're worth.

I have some of these, I have the black, red, blue, and gray. I'm going to get the violet one next.

GetResource.ashx

ice cream scoops here too.

but no self respecting ny italian nonna or goombah (or me) would ever use one for meatballs.

sheesh, rookies. ;)

they are used for ice cream, or italian ices, or even to the odd folks of southeastern pa. who call it water ice.

they live too close to three mile island.

ice cream scoops here too.

but no self respecting ny italian nonna or goombah (or me) would ever use one for meatballs.

sheesh, rookies. ;)

they are used for ice cream, or italian ices, or even to the odd folks of southeastern pa. who call it water ice.

they live too close to three mile island.

And you live in Joisey, you know, that place near the famous, or is that infamous, East River, where they use concrete shoe wearing people to create fish habitat.;), or so Hollywood would have us believe.:LOL:

Sorry BT, I had to take a poke. I couldn't let your geographical jabs go unanswered. After all, in a game of wits, there are precious few that can keep up wit cha.:D

Have a great day.

lol, chief. fortunately, we have that little island between us and the east river.

we have people swim with the fishes in the hudson.

do you know how staten island got it's name?

lol, chief. fortunately, we have that little island between us and the east river.

we have people swim with the fishes in the hudson.

do you know how staten island got it's name?

Please tell me how Staten Island got its name. Curious mind want to know. And yes I know, there are few minds more curious than mine. Ha1 beat you to the punch.:ohmy::LOL:

The Hudson, isn't that the river where a bunch of people got chomped on by a bull shark, back in the 1920's or 30's, you know, the shark attacks that inspired the "Jaws" movies. I think I'll stick with Lake Superior, thank you.

I also hear that if you drink straight from the Hudson, you'll glow in the dark.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

only a tourist would drink directly from the hudson south of 125th street.. that's how we know tbey're tourists. they glow.

that, and the fact that they are constantly looking up, mouths agape while only seeing a small patch of sky.

actually, my uncles used to swim in the hudson many years ago, pre-wwii, just north of the gw bridge. then it became a toxic cesspool. but it's coming back now. just son't disturb the sediment and millfoil that seals it in :huh:

more to come. gotta run. woik calls.

ok, so henry hudson was sailing into ny harbor on his ship, the half moon, and as he passed a spit of land the native indians used as a garbage dump, he commented in his accent, " ist dat and islandt?". and staten islandt was borne...:cool:

it's a jersey joke. :)

ok, so henry hudson was sailing into ny harbor on his ship, the half moon, and as he passed a spit of land the native indians used as a garbage dump, he commented in his accent, " ist dat and islandt?". and staten islandt was borne...:cool:

I get it! I get it! I can be Joisey kinda guy. Yaaaaay. Does that mean I'm gonna be a natural gardner? After all, new Jersey is the "Garden State".:)

Why would he have had anything but an English accent?

Back
Top Bottom