Banana Pancake Recipe TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
They're not Goodweed's pancakes, but they're pretty good! I made up this recipe this morning for my daughter and DH and I really enjoyed them as well.

Banana Pancakes

½ c milk
1 Tbsp butter plus 1 Tbsp applesauce or babyfood fruit (I used Earth's Best Mango-Pear)
1 very ripe banana, mashed with a fork into small chunks
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ c unbleached all purpose flour plus ½ c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2 scant Tbsp sugar

Beat the milk, butter, vanilla, banana and egg lightly in a mixing bowl. Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and add them all at once to the first mixture, stirring just enough to dampen the flour.

Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and set over moderate heat. Pour about 1/8 c of batter into pan to form one pancake (this makes silver dollar sized pancakes). Cook in skillet until the cakes are full of bubbles on the top and the undersides are lightly browned. Turn with a spatula and brown the other side.

Makes approx 18 silver-dollar-sized cakes.

Perfect Pa,
since I'm feeding three or four little ones 3 times a week, I'm so glad to get a new idea for breakfast for them. The doctor said to start giving Olivia what the others eat so these will be perfect for her. Thanks:)
kadesma

PA Baker, thank you for the recipe! I had to chuckle when I saw the baby food in them. The reason being is this: it is no secret my ds does not eat meat. After meeting with a nutritionalist, we decided to try to add some baby food (veggies and/or meat) to one of his favorites, pancakes. I added chicken/pear - which tastes pretty sweet. You cannot taste the chicken in these pancakes and they even taste a bit sweeter than the normal - and he loves them! Thanks for your recipe!

CJ and Michele, I actually thought of both of you when I made these!:) Fruit is the only jar babyfood Sof's ever eaten and I keep it on hand for things like this, the mini-meatballs I make her and to mix with yogurt. I think tomorrow I'm going to let her dip the pancake (and half of herself!:LOL: ) in some yogurt or fruit babyfood.

Kads, if you need more idease for Livi, let me know. :)

As you know PA, my son does not eat veggies and only some fruits. He loves crackers though. Many times he will eat a rice cake, soy cracker, stick pretzels and "dip" them into sweet potatoes or carrots or squash. That is my way of getting him to eat veggies. He has even dipped waffles and pancakes in there! I bet your daughter will love it!

PA Baker said:
CJ and Michele, I actually thought of both of you when I made these!:) Fruit is the only jar babyfood Sof's ever eaten and I keep it on hand for things like this, the mini-meatballs I make her and to mix with yogurt. I think tomorrow I'm going to let her dip the pancake (and half of herself!:LOL: ) in some yogurt or fruit babyfood.

Kads, if you need more idease for Livi, let me know. :)
Pa,
any ideas you have will be more than welcome. Livi, loves anything I offer, but I'm a nervous nellie with foods. I'm always afraid of choking with little ones without cuspid and molars..Se does very well with soft things and is a good eater like Ethan..So an ideas to get me going here..:)

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom