Cheesecake-Filled Crepe's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Yesterday, my cousin called and asked me for some assistance. It seems he is participating at a pot-luck at his church, and wanted to wow the congregation with some over-the-top food, rather than the same-ol-same-ol that is usually served there. I gave him a huge pot for his Itallian Wedding Soup, and offered to help him make some desert crepe's. They came out wonderful and so I thought I'd share.

Filling:
4 eight oz. pkgs. cream cheese
Blueberry Flavior Extract
3/4 cup sugar
16 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. Knox unflavored gelatine, disolved in 1/4 cup hot water

Crepe':
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
10 tbs. sugar
6 large eggs
1 tbs. double-acting baking powder
3 cups water

With an electric mixer, beat together the filling ingredients, except for the blueberry extract and gelatin. Slowly add the blueberry flavor, tasting until you get the flavor strength you want. Also, add move sugar if you want it sweeter. While beating, slowly add the dissolved gelatine and then beat at high speed until well mixed. Place in the fridge.

Combine all of the dry crepe ingredients together and mix with a balloon whisk. Add the remaining ingredients and whick into a smooth batter. Cook on a lightly greased griddle as you would pancakes for about 2 minutes per side, or until the pancakes are firm enough to flip. Let them cool.

Place a "log" of cheescake filling accross one side of a crepe, from edge to edge, and roll. Repeat this process for all of the crepes. Dust the finished crepe's with powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom